Chapter 2

Aurora Atticus's POV

"Sorry, i must've startled you with my words" He tugged a stray wet hair behind my ears. "Get changed, you'll catch a cold" He pushed me towards his bathroom and led me out of his room when i was done.

I tossed and turned with that image replaying inside my head. "It's been a long day. I must've been too exhausted" I muttered to myself, pushing this thought to the back of my head; and drift to sleep.

*********

I yawned, as my eyes starts to water. Monday comes by so fast, it's almost unbelievable Sunday had passed so soon. I couldn't remember exactly what i did, but laze yesterday.

"Careful there, you don't want to get a jaw dislocation from a yawn that wide" He smirked. His voice jolted my sleepy self up.

"That could really happened?" My eyes widened as i absorbed a new information, before i suddenly grew aware that i'm in the office and i'm facing my boss. Flustered, I corrected myself "I mean, good morning, Mr. Axton"

He looked at me, amusingly. Then patted my shoulder.

"It has been proven" He answered, probably to the question pertaining to earlier on. "Also, I need you to Type out the minutes of the meeting that was on Thursday and give it to me by the end of today" He smile, and walked to his office.

By the end of lunch, i had already finished replying all the emails as well as the minutes of the meeting. I breathed a sighed of relief. Double-checked the documents again before i knocked on his office.

"Fast and precise, I'm impressed" He commended, after proof reading the documents.

"Aurora, i need you to collect my suit now from the dry-cleaning store and bring them over to my residence later. My Chauffeur will drive you there. He will be at the lobby waiting for you" He instructed and i left to do the task.

*********

I passed the suit to Aomine's butler before i decided to leave. But something near the distance caught my eyes. A whole rack full of CDs. I skimmed through it and found classical and oldies songs to be of majority. "He enjoys slow songs" His butler, Philip, commented.

"Love it, in fact" His voice from the main door suddenly disrupted us. He is back from the office already? Philip bowed and excused himself, leaving me alone with Aomine.

"Mr. Ax-"

"Aomine" He corrected. Right. I always forgot.

"Have you danced to slow songs before, Aurora?" He walked up to me.

I nodded.

He smiled, and walked to the disc player before a song i recognised played through the stereo.

"All my life" I recalled the title of the song, "By K-Ci and JoJo, Yes. My absolute favourite" he finishes my sentence.

"Will you dance with me?" He took my left hand and joined them together with his, placing the other on my waist. I positioned my free hand on his shoulder.

The song plays, as he took control. We took small steps, gliding in small circles before he leads me around the whole room. Twirling me around, his eyes never leaving mine. It makes me blush a little because i never had anyone do that before. It's uncomfortable but, i can't seem to keep my eyes off. Why?

"You're exceptionally good" He praised, while we continued dancing to the song.

"My mother taught me how to dance before she passed away" I shared.

"Are you the only child?"

"No, I have an older brother. Not by blood, though. I am adopted"

He twirled me around but this time, as a back hug, "She definitely grew up well" He whispered and twirled us back to our original partnering position. I smiled.

"So you are staying with your brother?" We repeated the move.

"No, my brother is overseas. I'm staying with a room mate currently" He nodded in understanding. Leading me around the room, as our steps match as one.

"I'm curious, what is your thought on love?" He questioned, "Why do you think our heart beats fast?"

"I don't know Mr.- Aomine" I corrected, "Perhaps, it's because the heart is nothing but a contracting muscle?" I answered. Scientifically, it is correct.

"You are so innocent" He chuckled, locking eyes with mine. He smells good. What cologne does he use? I wonder.

"What about couple holding hands, romantically?"

"Provide warmth?" He shook his head.

"To feel connected" He took my already held hand and intertwined them together with his. "This is also the first physical connection between two humans. You're allowing them into your personal space" He explained, "And for couples in love, a declaration of devotion"

I thought about his words, processing them. I've learnt quite a fair bit of information today.

"In other words..." I trailed off, "It's a sign of showing someone you care without words?" I interpreted and he nodded.

"Of course there are other telltale signs to show someone's interest" He said,

"For example," He looked at me intently "Eye contact".

"Oh...." I trailed, strangely feeling nervous.

The song starts to come to an end, the same time he made me dip on my back.

-song ends- "One more song?"

*********

a/n

The lesson of love officially starts. *throws confetti*

+15 votes for another chapter. xx