Chapter 5

Aurora Atticus's POV

"Aura, You're finally growing up"

My brother's words replayed on my mind. Could he be anymore vague?

Laying in bed, my thoughts drifted and i caught myself thinking about my boss for the first time. Curious about his past, i decided to google his name. You're so creepy now, Aurora. What are you even doing? I slammed my laptop closed. Nope, i'm not going to do this. This is just too weird.

I tossed and turned in my bed, and sat right up, resolved and curiosity go the better of me.

Just one search. 

I open up my laptop and entered his name. I scrolled through the 'images', a few of it was him shaking hands with another businessmen. I scrolled further down, a portrait of him at the conference meeting, in a suit. He looked nice.  I clicked and zoomed in on his picture. Hm.. Let's see. The suit's well-pressed, he looks attractive in that, those muscles that made the sleeves a little crumpled... his wide chest and broad shoulders. I got distracted by another picture that's up-close. I clicked on the other picture, and zoomed in again. He's got a sharp nose, chiseled face. Oh, he smokes too? His lips and those stuble- what if i ran my hands through them?  I clicked on another image that distracted me again, a picture that shows his back. His ass looks firmer than mine. His thighs looks goo-

Oh. my. God.  

My sudden thoughts hit me. What is wrong with me? I just thought about his ass. A.S.S.

No, in fact everything that i just thought about is wrong. This needs to stop. I need to stop this instance. What am i even doing in the middle of the night googling a man? This is so wrong.

But my hands disobeyed me and continued scrolling down. Girls. Different girls. More girls in his arms. Spotted at a restaurant, leaving the hotel. My heart starts wrenching. I should've expected it. The girls seen with him were beautiful, with exceptionally great body curves and figures, girls that could actually match up with his 1% superior genes. I shouldn't be surprised. I slammed my laptop down. I should get some sleep now. 

Self-note: He is my boss. A line i should never cross.

*********

How did my mind ended up so occupied? 

I stood at the pantry, facing the counter and waiting for the water to boil. Bad, bad dark circles under my eyes when i looked at myself in the mirror this morning. Lethargic is an understatement and caffeine is something i need, badly, now.

"Good morning, Aurora" His voice jolted my half-asleep mind up. I turned around hastily, to look at him. Both in a different light and awkward at the same time, after yesterday's night of... wrongful thoughts.  "G-good morning, Mr. Axton"

"You've got some real bad dark circles under your eyes. Were you perhaps, up thinking about me the whole night?" He chuckled. Spot-on.

"No!" I defended, and answered almost immediately, "I mean, Why would i?" I let out a nervous laugh and turned back around. Why is the electronic kettle taking so slow to boil today? I tapped on the kitchen counter nervously with my fingers. 

"Because you are blushing" My mouth gaped open upon hearing.

Flustered, "Must be the blusher" I lied. I don't even use blusher.

"Are you absolutely sure?" He smirked, his hand traced around my cheeks and I immediately swept it away. "Of course, Mr. Axton" My eyes checked on the electronic kettle. Hurry up....

"Aurora" He called, and turned me around to face him. "Look at me" He lifted my chin up to level up with his eyes. He stood there silent for a moment, observing me; with his eyes locked to mine- almost to the point of scrutinising my expression. His lip started to pull up and form that devilish smirk. 

"What now?" I whined and exasperated at the same time. My eyes widened upon realisation. I did not just said that to my boss. "Please don't fire me, I'm sorry" I quickly corrected myself, and looked down at the tilings that looks extra shiny today. 

He snickered, and do that sexy crooked smile. "Alright" He tugged in his hands on his pockets, "Then make me not fire you" He said, nonchalantly. I stood there in silence, thinking about what i should do.

"Um, i'll stay overtime for work?" I suggested.

He burst out laughing. "That's not going to help, sweetheart. Try me another one"

"Dock my pay?" I asked nervously, biting my lips. This is nerve-wrecking.

"Nope" He popped with the 'p'

I stared a him blankly, slightly irritated. "D-do i need to beg you? Or write you any apology letter?" My head started forming ideas and sentences on how i should beg him. Should i kneel down and express my deepest apologies or should i write a long letter on how deeply sorry i am?

"Oh love, i would love to have you beg me, trust me" He chuckled. "But i'm not going to destroy that innocence of yours. Yet" He paused, what does it even mean? 

"Then what do you want, Mr. Axton?"

"That's a very dangerous question to ask, Aurora"

"Huh?" I looked at him blankly, and confused at the same time.

"You. I want you" He asserted and My face starts heating up again.

He observed me again, "I really, love the impact i have on you" His eyes glint; and his iris dilated.

"The women in your life might not like hearing this. So please don't make such a joke, Mr. Axton"

...And because it leaves me all hot and bothered. I don't like it. 

Even if i am inexperience in love, I will not settle for a player, or a womaniser. 

*******

a/n

She's there. On her way to discovering romance ;) 

If you have any ideas, or if you want to let me know how you actually discover romance for your first crush, inbox me anytime! I would love to read them.

+45 votes for another chapter!