Chapter 6

Aurora Atticus's POV

I grew up with my mother's words stuck on to my head- That i should be faithful to one person. She warned me never to start something with anyone who plays around with women. Brought up from a girls' school since young, i've seen plenty too. The ones with the same morals, and the ones that didn't. I've always admire the ones that stick only to one; because most of them ended with a happy ending. The ones that jeered me for being old-fashioned and traditional? They were the ones who ended up with the same repeating cycle: They fall in love too fast, and out of love fast too. They weep for a day or two, and the next they are attached to another guy. 

 That is not the love i've imagined. 

Call me a dreamer, but i've always hoped for a romance that would sweep me off my feet, warm yet intense at the same time. An old-school love where handwritten letters are exchanged, and a bond between two people who knows each other's likes and dislikes. The reason behind why they love or hated something. Their future plans and their past. A love that is not about sex all the time. Seriously, you could die from too much Autoeroticism*. It's been proven. It's science.

Unfortunately, my boss is exactly my definition of 'steer away'. His words still stucked in my mind. "They are all fuckable women. Just a one-night stand. You honestly think they'd care?" He laughed, at the same time humour laced in his words.

It wasn't even funny.

"You shouldn't make such a statement so casually  to your employee, Mr. Axton" I said. 

His eyebrows raised. "And why shouldn't I?" He stepped nearer towards me. The same amount of steps i took backwards. There is no way i will allow myself to start digging deeper into this feeling. If, i had any.

"Because it's inappropriate" I answered truthfully.

"You feel something for me, Aurora. Even your body can't deny it. " He smirked, "Whereas you.  You don't seem to understand me. I told you, I want you" He asserted.

"And i heard you well, Mr. Axton. But i do not want you" I rejected. "I am not a prize to be won. So i will not allow myself to be used and thrown by you. I'm sure with enough self-control, feelings can be stopped" I argued. I may not understand 'love' fully, but at least i know what i want. And i do not want a player.

He looked at me amusingly. "Coming from someone who had never been in love before, you sure assumed my feelings well" His jaw tightened. "And Aurora, I will make you understand that attraction can't be denied so easily" He spoke. His words confident. 

I hope it isn't true. 

I tried to walk away. There is no way i am going to continue with this conversation. Tried is the key word. My elbow was grabbed from the back and once again, i was cornered. "Let me make one thing very clear to you" His eyes looked into mine, now absolutely serious with no-nonsense. "I have never been troubled because of a woman before" He stopped. 

And so?

He stood there silently, wordless. Was he going to say more? Because that sounded like an unfinished sentence to me. He took a deep breathe, as his ears redden, and his face troubled. He took a few steps back away from me. Oh, he was done speaking?

Wait a minute.

"Are we playing the i-have-never-been game right now?" I questioned. Because he left me confused.

His hard demeanour turned into something soft. The intense atmosphere diminishing slowly. 

He chuckled and patted my head. "How is the plan going for the company camp?"

"Still in progress Mr. Axton, but-"

"Well then I expect to see a finished proposal by the end of this week, Aurora" He said and went into his office without turning back.

**********

Aomine Axton's POV

I have never been troubled because of a woman before...

"But you are clouding my mind" I muttered to myself. Why couldn't i tell her that earlier on?

Perhaps my smart ass have just realised that those words came without my consent, unconsciously. If i had let my heart overrule my head by just a second late, it could have just been the first time i allow a girl to become my weakness. 

And she honestly thought feelings and attraction could be stopped?

She couldn't be more wrong.

And... i couldn't be more happier to show her just the opposite.

Because it sounded like a competition and i am very competitive.

"What got you thinking so deeply?" A familiar voice sounded as he strode towards me. Zed Zoran- My best friend. "You rarely come to the office. So what do i owe your presence from?" I questioned. 

"Aurora Atticus" He answered.

What?  He knows her?

*********

a/n

You guys have been amazing. I have never expected this story to be rather popular. 

+60 votes for another chapter!