Chapter 3

"Get in there!" One of the vampires said in an irritated voice. At the same time, the two vampires that had dragged me up to Lucians office, threw my steel chains onto the floor in the office. They pushed my weak body inside the room and shut the door behind them.

"Lucian wants us to heal you." A vampire with a nasty scar across his face said.

"Even though werewolves can heal themselves." The other vampire said, rolling his eyes. The vampire with the scar elbowed the other vampire, "You dummy, werewolves can only heal themselves when they change." He said.

The scarred vampire then walked over to a crystal clear glass cup that was sitting on a huge dark oak desk. He grabbed the cup then bit into his hand. He then poured the blood that was dripping from his bleeding hand, into the cup.

"Drink." He said, handing me the cup.

I shook my head. No way was I going to drink blood. Vampire blood.

"Just drink!" He yelled, shoving the glass towards me. I slowly grabbed the cup with a shaky hand. I clearly wasn't going to win this fight, so I had better do what he said.

I put the glass to my lips and slowly tipped it up, allowing the dark liquid to slide into my mouth. The blood tasted like acid, and I almost spit it out. But once I had finished drinking it, a strange feeling came over me. I felt, refreshed and energized. The pain coming from my shoulder was dissipating. I looked at my wound but saw nothing there. Just blood.

"Better?" The vampire with scar asked with no sympathy. I nodded, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"Lucian will be here soon. For now, just be quiet and don't move." He said. I said nor did anything in response.

"Hmph. Come on Rylan." He said and walked out of the office with the other vampire following behind.

I waited for about ten minutes before Lucian came through the door. Aiden came after him.

"How is my little wolf doing?" Lucian asked.

"Don't call him that!" Aiden said angrily. Lucian snickered.

"It's okay Aiden." I said quietly. Aidens face softened.

"You know, I don't actually see you as being a werewolf. You just seem so... Weak." Lucian said.

Aiden was so close to punching him in the face but I shook my head no at him before he could do anything, "He's not weak!" Aiden yelled.

"Well I'll just have to see that for myself. I need to see if little Henry's wolf is stronger than I think it is." Lucian said, bending down to look at me. I swallowed hard.

"How are you going to do that?" Aiden asked. Lucian smiled at me.

"We're going to have a good old fashioned dog fight. Loser dies." Lucian said evilly.

Aidens eyes grew wide, "You're not seriously going to make him fight another werewolf are you?!" He asked.

"Well of course. That's what dog fights are. If Henry can prove to me that he's strong, than I'll let him live and he can join my army." Lucian said, standing up.

"You said if I join you, than you'll let Henry live!" Aiden yelled. I knew Lucian would do something like this. He's a vampire for Gods sake.

"Yes, but I already let him live. This is just a small test." Lucian said.

"You son of a bitch." Aiden said. His comment only made Lucian grin.

"We'll have the fight tomorrow night." Lucian said. He then walked out of his office, leaving Aiden and I alone.