Chapter 26

~Aiden~

"Let's go." I said in a monotone voice. Thomas was waiting at my bedroom door, apparently he was sent by Lucian to fetch me for the trip to Greece.

Thomas raised his eyebrows, "You seem pretty calm about all of this." He said as I closed the door behind me. I had no luggage to take with me. Lucian had told me that him and his army, were going to stay in an expensive hotel, where clothes and food would be supplied by the shipload.

"I'm trying to act as sane as possible." I replied, still with an emotionless tone.

"Hm." Thomas followed behind me. By this time, I knew where I was going.

I didn't want to become a bloodsucking monster like Lucian. Earlier today my vampire instincts got the better of me, but I never, ever want to drink blood straight from a human again. Sure it tasted better, but it didn't feel better.

"Are William and the others coming?" I asked Thomas. He seemed to think about the question for a moment before answering, "I'm not sure. At first, I though Lucian would just kill them. Like he said he would."

I frowned as we turned a corner, walking at a quick pace, "He was going to kill them?" I asked, shocked, yet at the same time not as surprised. It seemed like something Lucian would do.

"Yeah. It was just a deal that was made a long time ago. Guess he decided they would be better alive than dead." Thomas shrugged.

"What kind of deal?" I asked.

"It's complicated." He replied, dropping the subject, "How's your friend?" He then asked.

"Hmm. I'm not sure. I think he's some kind of rare werewolf or something, I don't know. It's confusing." I answered. I worried about Henry, but I was sure he was fine.

"I see." Thomas said.

We turned another corner before reaching Lucians office. The metal door was wide open, allowing us to see Lucian sitting at his desk.

Once he saw us, he smiled. His smile still holding a sense of wickedness.

"Ah, there you two are." He said, relieved that we had come, "We had better get going, the plane will leave soon."

Neither Thomas or I said anything. We both just nodded, and watched him as he picked up a black leather briefcase from atop of his desk. Another vampire stood across the room, wearing a blank face and all black.

Lucian snapped his fingers at the red haired vampire and pointed to the door. The vampire nodded and left the room, quickly and gracefully walking past Thomas and I like we weren't even there.

"Have you ever been to Greece, Aiden?" Lucian asked me as he started towards the door. I shook my head, "No." I responded.

Lucians wicked smile grew, "You're going to like it, it's very beautiful." He said as he gestured us to leave the room. We did so, and as we were leaving, I said, "I'm sure it is. Except I have to take part in a war against vampires."

Lucian pursed his lips, "Hm. True. Forget what I said then. You're going to hate it there." He said, making me frown.

As we walked down the empty hallways, our shoes were the only sound bouncing off the concrete walls, I spoke up, "What's going to happen to William and Meagan and the others?" I asked Lucian.

Lucians dark eyebrows knit together, "That is for me to know and for you to find out." He said sternly, his voice low. I decided to drop the matter, I wouldn't want to go through an argument like last time.

The three of us got outside in a short ten minutes, a few of Lucians henchman waiting for us.

The sky was darkening, and grey clouds swarmed above us, blocking the setting sun. It was odd to be outside again, the sharp yet comforting scent of pine trees filled the air. And the sounds of the forest was like music to my ears.

I noticed a fancy black limousine in front of us, the back seat door opened. A middle aged man gesturing for us to get inside, Lucian went first. Followed by Thomas, then me. I've never been in a limousine before, and it felt cool, yet weird at the same time.

The seats and inside walls of the limo were covered in deep red velvet, making the car look like something meant for royalty. A mini fridge made the dream car even better, along with a sizeable flat screen TV. But we didn't use any of it.

Once we had gotten into the car, the vampires outside quickly got into other cars. Two hopped into the front seat of the limo.

I looked at Thomas, who was sitting across from me, his eyes trained on the screen of his phone. He seemed relatively relaxed about everything, whereas I was worried as to what would happen next.

I was still thinking about what Thomas had said. He had told me he made a deal with Lucian. I wondered what the deal was, exactly. He said that it was made a long time ago, and something about killing William, Meagan, Christine, Oliver and Finn. I worried about them. I hoped they were all right, wherever they were.