Chapter 8

~Aiden~

my stomach sank as I heard Henry let out a scream. I looked over at Lucian who was watching intently. A wide, devilish smile stretched across his face.

"Why aren't you watching Aiden?" He asked me as he saw that I was looking down.

"I don't want to see him go through this." I replied. I was on the verge of tears. The terrible screams coming from Henry saddened me.

The sounds of bones cracking made my head jerk up. I was now regret tingly watching.

Henry's eyes had become a deep royal blue that seemed to almost glow. His fingernails were now claws and his body was in an awkward position as his bones changed from inside him. His also had sharp fangs on his top and bottom teeth.

I covered my eyes and Lucian laughed.

Henry's screams were now changing to animalistic growls. As if an animal were dying.

When no more sounds of bones breaking or animal noises could be heard, I uncovered my eyes. The witches had stopped chanting and were now just watching.

There, standing just ten feet away from me, was a ginormous wolf. It's fur was a dark chocolate brown, the same colour of Henry's hair.

I stood, frozen to the ground, "Henry?..." I asked in a whisper.

The wolf looked straight at me. For a second, I knew it was Henry, but his eyes quickly changed. It was like looking into a strangers eyes.

The wolf lowered it's head and growled at Lucian and I, "Let the show begin." Lucian said with a low chuckle.

"Lead the wolf to the fighting area." Lucian said to two vampires who were standing behind him and I. I didn't even know they were there in the first place.

One of the vampires was holding a leg of what I thought was deer, with a rope attached to it.

The vampires went up to Henry who was snapping his sharp teeth at both of them, "Come on wittle wolf." The vampire holding the meat said to Henry in a voice used to talk to dogs and babies.

The other vampire opened a big steel door leading to a caged area. Henry kept following the vampire with the meat all the while growling.

Once the vampire had gotten close enough to the door, he forcefully threw the deer leg into the cage. Henry ran straight into the trap, chasing the meat.

The other vampire quickly closed the door before Henry had a chance to get out.

"Now that wasn't so bad was it?" Lucian asked. I didn't say anything.

This was just the beginning. The bad part would soon come, when Henry would have to fight that other wolf.

"Let's go. We don't want to miss the entertainment." Lucian said, leading me through a door and into a crowded area. Cheers and shouts sounded from every corner as Henry growled at every vampire around him. He was obviously frightened. His tail was held between his legs like a dog does when it's scared.

"Bring out Magnus!" Lucian shouted.

A door opened, revealing a huge grey wolf. Even bigger than Henry.

The wolfs head was held high and his tail was in the air. My jaw dropped as he entered the cage. The door behind him quickly shut after he had come in.

The cheers in the room grew louder as Magnus and Henry circled each other. Henry was trying so hard not to be scared but I could almost see him shaking with fear.

Magnus let out low growls as he bared his sharp fangs. He kept making Henry flinch as he tricked him by moving as though he were about to attack.

Nobody knew when either one of them were going to attack. Until Magnus made his first move.