Chapter 18

~Aiden~

"A what?!" I asked Henry in a shocked tone of voice.

He said the surprising word again, "Alpha." I blinked to make sure this wasn't fake.

"But, how? I'm sorry Henry but, I don't see you as an alpha." I admitted, which made him frown.

"I'm serious, Aiden! The werewolves here all say I'm a... Filtiarn, or something." He said, furrowing his eyebrows at the last part.

I didn't respond. How could Henry be an alpha? He was never good at getting anybody to do something for him, ever. So how could he be the alpha of a small group of werewolves?

"You don't believe me." Henry stated when I didn't say anything. I looked up at him and put on a fake smile, "No, no. Of course I believe you." I said.

He sighed, "You don't believe me." His voice sounded disappointed, and I suddenly felt guilty.

A knock at Henry's door sounded quickly after, and I hurried to open it. There, standing before me, was Lucian. He looked irritated and gave me a cold stare.

"Move." He demanded. I didn't hesitate to move out of the way as he made his way into the room. He stopped at the end of Henry's bed, where a slightly frightened Henry lay.

"So, I hear you're a Filtiarn, eh?" Lucian said in a low, and menacing voice. He intertwined his fingers and paced in front of Henry's bed.

Henry nodded, but didn't say a word. Lucian chuckled and spoke, "Well that's very peculiar, little Henry."

Henry frowned, "And why's that?" He asked in a raised tone of voice.

Lucian laughed in an evil sounding manner, "It's just that you don't seem like the type to lead." He said, making Henry angrier.

"What makes you think that I can't be a leader?" He asked. He was getting angrier by the second. I was quite afraid, actually. I've never seen him like this.

"You just don't look the part." Lucian said with an evil smile. He seemed to be coaxing something out of Henry. I could see it in his eyes, he wanted to see something for himself.

Henry growled, making my eyes go wide. The growl didn't sound human. More like animalistic.

Lucians menacing grin grew wider, "You think that a growl will show me that you're an alpha?" He asked, making Henry even more angry.

He growled louder, then his eyes changed colour. From a bright golden yellow to a light, piercing steel grey. I looked at Lucian, who now seemed satisfied. He had coaxed the beast from Henry. He had seen what he had wanted to see.

"Thank you, Henry." He then said, whilst turning on his heels, and walking out of the room. I was standing in he same spot, frozen to the ground. Still watching Henry as his eyes were slowly returning back to normal.

Lucian closed the door behind him with a loud slam, making me jump. My eyes were still trained on Henry, who was now calming down.

When he noticed me staring at him, he looked away. I tilted my head to the side and walked towards him, "What was that?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "I don't know... The Filtiarn, or something." He replied. I didn't know what to say next. Henry frightened me, he seemed to hold a power, stronger than me.

"You should go." He whispered. I frowned, "But He-" I started but he cut me off, "Just go!" He yelled, taking me aback.

I nodded, and silently made my way to the door. I opened it and started to leave, as I was going, I looked at Henry, who was looking at the floor, thinking to himself. I then left without a sound, making my way to my bedroom, to try to at least get some sleep.