Chapter 12

Thomas led me all the way to Lucians office.

Once he opened the door, he gestured me to go inside. I did so, and suddenly stopped in my tracks when I saw them.

Meagan, Christine, Oliver and Finn, were all standing in a line. Well, more like siting. They looked completely worn out, with huge bags under their eyes and extremely pale skin.

"What happened to you all?!" I asked them when Thomas closed the door behind me.

Lucian was sitting behind his giant desk with his feet resting on top of the desk. He grinned, "They're just suffering from a lack of blood." He said simply.

"Well then give them blood!" I demanded. Lucian shook his head, "I'm afraid I can't do that. You see, these four are incredibly skilled at keeping their thirst for blood under control. I want to see how long it will take until they just snap and go on a blood frenzy." He said.

My jaw dropped, "You're telling me you want them to be killers? Just roaming around the town killing everyone they see?" I asked. Lucian gave me a duh look.

"Of course. How else would they be any use in my army?" He said. I covered my face in my hands.

"Agh! This stupid vampire army is all you think about?! You were part of the government once! Why did you leave?!" I yelled. Lucian seemed taken aback, but answered my question.

"It's simple. The head vampires made idiotic rules and I quickly got fed up with them. So, with a perfect idea in my head, I left the government and decided to take it over. I dream of a world where vampires are known to every human. There'll be billions of us. We'll take over the whole world." He said. It was a little odd to hear one man saying this in a small abandoned factory.

"That's never going to happen Lucian and you know that." I said. Lucian lost some of his excitement when I said those words.

"It'll happen one day, Aiden. And hopefully, you'll be there to witness it." Lucian replied. I glared at him, which, didn't affect his mood.

"Aiden, it's so... Good to see, you." Meagan whispered. Her voice was coarse and dry, and I felt sadness wash over me.

"Give them blood, Lucian." I ordered Lucian. He grinned and put on a thinking face, "hm, let me think about that. No!" He said. I frowned and balled my hands into fists.

"Alec! Rebecca! Come in!" Lucian suddenly called out, looking at the thick metal door.

The door opened three seconds later, revealing two, well dressed vampires. The male looked to be about my age with light brown hair and ocean blue eyes, whereas the girl seemed like she was in her mid-twenties, with deep, red hair and dark, chocolate brown eyes.

"Take the four back to their cells." Lucian ordered the two vampires. Alec and Rebecca nodded simultaneously and quickly took Meagan, Christine, Finn and Oliver. They were too weak to struggle from the vampires strong grips on their arms. Instead, they let Alec and Rebecca drag them out of the room.

I wanted to stop this. I wanted to end this entire mess. But I couldn't, if I slipped up, everyone I knew and loved, would be gone. Everything.

"Training starts tomorrow. We want you to be in tip top shape for the war between vampires." Lucian said, then ordered me out of his office.

I shivered hard at the thought of a war between powerful vampires.

Thomas met up with me after I had left Lucians office, and guided me back to my room, "I'll see you tomorrow." He said impassively, then turned around, and left.
___________________________

Hello lovely readers! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been super busy due to my second semester in school just started, working on my other book, 'Turn of the Wolf', and I recently had surgery in my mouth so I've been kind of drugged up lately:(
Anyhoo, I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to

Vote & Comment!