Chapter 20

~Aiden~

I had a restless sleep. All night I kept waking up, and tossing and turning. Williams frightening eyes had carved themselves into my brain, and I couldn't seem to get them out of my mind.

When morning arrived, I was an exhausted mess. I took a shower to wash away the day before, then picked out a black and grey baseball t-shirt, a pair of khaki pants, and a leather jacket, from the fancy dressers in the room. As I was about to leave the room, my stomach growled, reminding me that I haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning. Lucian said that my ability to not go killer crazy when I didn't have blood for a day was good. I guess it was kind of handy, but I still got irritated when I haven't drank in a while.

I left my room in search for a blood bag when I couldn't find any in the mini fridge that was located in my bedroom. I walked down the hallways, looking for the cafeteria that Henry and I had eaten breakfast in the day before. I couldn't find it, but I did find Lucian. Great.

He smiled when his eyes landed on me, "Good morning, Aiden. You're looking..." He started before examining my tired face more, "Hungry, today." He finished his sentence. I sighed in frustration, even the word hungry made me want blood more, "Just tell me where that little cafeteria thing is." I said, not even making eye contact with him. He laughed, "Blood bags aren't on the menu for today." He said evilly.

I frowned and turned my attention to him, "Then what am I supposed to eat?" I asked, not remembering where exactly the blood comes from for the blood bags.

"You're afraid of killing people, right?" Lucian asked me. I surprisingly, still wasn't following, "Well, if your going to be my first in command, then you need to know how to kill. And what's better than learning how to kill when you're a hungry vampire?" Lucian smiled spreading his arms out dramatically. It finally hit me, he was going to make me kill for my food, "No." I immediately said, crossing my arms.

Lucians smile faded, "Oh come on, Aiden. You're a vampire for gods sake! It's in your nature to kill." Lucian said. I shook my head, "No. I'm not doing it." I refused to take an innocent persons life away.

Lucian grinned evilly, "But I have the perfect victim." He said. I frowned, "Do you even know what no means?" I asked him. Lucian shook his head, "I don't take no for an answer." He said. He was clearly not going to give up this argument that quickly. Well, neither was I.

"I'm fine with sticking with blood bags." I said. Lucian sighed, "You don't get all the nutrients from a petty blood bag. Remember when you drank Olivia's blood?" He smiled devilishly. How does he know about that? I asked myself. I tried not to show shock on my face, but it was hard to hide, "How do you know about that?" I asked him through gritted teeth.

Lucian chuckled, "I have my ways." He responded, ending the subject, "Anyhow, blood bags just won't cut it. You need to be strong for my army, meaning you have to eat... Fresher, food." He said. The very fact that he knew that I had killed Olivia pissed me off, but now he was persuading me to kill another innocent person.

"Why can't I just kill a rabbit or something?" I asked. Lucian rolled his eyes, "Please don't tell me William has been teaching you the vegetarian way of feeding. So typical of him... Anyways, to answer your question. No. You can't leave the hideout." He replied, crossing his arms over his chest. I frowned, disappointed with his answer.

"And no, William didn't teach me the vegetarian way of feeding." I said after about ten silent seconds. Lucian looked surprised for about two seconds, before returning to his old, evil like self.

"All of this arguing and you still haven't eaten yet. Why don't you at least let me show you who your victim was supposed to be." Lucian said in a slightly tired voice. I shook my head in response.

"Fine." Lucian snapped before clapping his hands twice in a fast manner. Suddenly, two strong arms grabbed mine, and lifted me off of the ground, "Hey! What the-? Put me down!" I yelled, struggling against the two arms' iron grip. Lucian smiled, "Much appreciated Trevor and Bennett." Lucian said to the two vampires that were taking me away.

"You see, this is what happens when I don't get my way." Lucian said to me as he walked down a long hallway, the two vampires following right behind him. I tried kicking one of the vampires but got kicked instead. I also attempted to use my vampiric speed to get away, but Trevor and Bennett held me in place. I growled when I had given up struggling. It was pointless.

Lucian led me to a room like many others in the old abandoned factory. Metal pipes stretched across the ceiling of the room, and concrete and metal built up the floor and walls. The vampires set me down on the floor when Lucian gave a snap of his fingers. His back facing me. I could smell the scent of blood, human blood. With a mix of something familiar.

He turned around just as Trevor and Bennett left the room, "Aren't you in for a treat?" He said as he walked over to a giant box shaped object with a red, silk cover over it. He grabbed one end of the cover, and gave me an evil smile before yanking the cover off of the object.

What I saw was horrifying. The object was a steel cage, just big enough to fit two people. And there, lying on the ground within the cage, with his hands and feet tied together, and his mouth taped shut with duck tape, was Hudson Hamilton.