Chapter 25

~William~

Red. That's all I saw. Red everywhere. Men and women were being eaten alive by other men and women. The deranged people had the faces of demons, with dark red eyes and sharp fangs. And they would violently sink their teeth into the flesh of people's necks.

People ran around the house, screaming and pushing their way through the crowd of hungry monsters. I didn't know what to do, I was wide eyed and trembling with fright. Mary had tears running down her cheeks, all the while screaming and pulling me to get to the entrance of the mansion. We ran past demons, who were devouring person by person in minutes.

My heart was pounding in my chest and I thought that at any moment, it would explode.

Blood was everywhere, on the hardwood floor, the eggshell white walls, the silk curtains, and the people. Even Mary and I, were covered in the blood of innocent people.

What in Gods name is going on?! I asked myself. This was insane. What even were these creatures? A true work of the devil, that's for certain.

"We're almost there." Mary said, her voice raw and scared. We were so close to the main double doors of the house. The doors just five feet away from us. But of course, something had to happen.

Mary was right beside me, running for her life like I was running for mine, but the next thing I knew, she was gone. Taken back into the crowd of bloodthirsty monsters. I screamed her name and ran back into the bloody scene, searching for her.

I found her shortly after she had been taken away, her body limp in someone's arms, her eyes closed, a large bite mark on her neck. My heart nearly stopped when I laid my eyes on her lifeless body. My mouth hanging open. I could barely stand up, my legs felt like as though my bones had turned to pudding.

I looked up at the man who was carrying Mary's dead body, and saw the face of Lucian Delavan. His mouth dripping with Mary's blood.

His lips curved up into a menacing smile, showing off his deadly fangs. His eyes a bright, blood red.

"I told you I had plans for tonight." He said. I could barely hear him over the screaming of the people being killed in the room.

He dropped Mary on the ground, making my heart sink, and slowly started walking towards me. I was unable to breath properly. My breaths coming in rapid waves, making me feel lightheaded.

Lucians smile stayed on his blood stained lips, his eyes darkening as he approached me, "I found you weeks ago and decided that you would be of use to me. Same with a few others who attended the party. They'll be turned like you will." He said. I couldn't support my weight with my paper like legs. Falling to my knees on the blood covered floor, I continued to watch the demon coming towards me.

What does he mean by turn me? I wondered nervously.

With one fluid motion, Lucian bit into his wrist, causing me to wince. He then shoved his bleeding hand to my mouth, forcing me to drink his blood, which tasted revolting.

I struggled and choked, refusing to let the monsters' blood slide down my throat. But he wouldn't let go, keeping his grasp firm on my shoulder. What is happening?! I asked myself. I shut my eyes tight, still refusing to drink the vile liquid.

Lucian growled when he found that I wasn't swallowing his acidic tasting blood, "Just drink it already!" He yelled, his booming voice made me tremble in my blood stained clothes, but I still didn't swallow.

After about seven minutes of struggling, I finally gave up, unable to resist anymore. I drank the demons blood and nearly threw it up when he had took his hand away from my mouth, his menacing smile returning.