Chapter 13

"Alright! Get into partners and warm up!" A strict and loud middle aged woman yelled out to the training class. The thirty of us all did as the vampire coach told us to, and partnered up with someone.

I partnered up with Athena since Henry had to train with other werewolves. Athena wore black lulu lemon shorts with a dark grey tank top, and black nike runners. Her hazelnut brown hair was tied back in a ponytail.

She looked nice and innocent, yet evil and unforgiving at the same time.

"You're new, right?" She asked me as we walked towards a dark blue mat sitting in the corner of the gym, that was conveniently in this old abandoned factory.

"New?" I asked before knowing what she meant. I was a new vampire, "Uh, yeah." I replied before she could speak.

We stood on the mat, and did as everyone else was doing, warm ups. Sit ups were first.

"Your friend, the werewolf. He's unsure about all of this." Athena said as we were doing sit ups. I furrowed my eyebrows, "I would be too if I were him. Suddenly turning into a werewolf and having to be in some vampire war? Actually, I'm kind of unsure about all of this." I said. Athena smiled nervously and nodded.

We switched to doing push ups.

"Your friend is nice. But is short tempered." She said. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Seriously? Henry's the nicest person in the world, I'm surprised you said that." I said back.

"He kinda snapped at me the last time I saw him. Must've been the wolf." She said, making my heart drop. The wolf. Could a wolf actually take control of somebody and make them say stupid things?

"Yes, they can." Athena said, making me jump, "What, did you just...?" I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"I can read minds. Henry knows, that's pretty much the reason why he got mad." She said, "Hm, odd." Was all I said.

We warmed up for half an hour, in complete silence. When the stern, vampire coach called us to come to the middle of the gym, we all obeyed her.

"Okay! I want you all to fight with the person who your partnered with. And no going easy! Think of them like they're trying to kill you!" The coach yelled. We all nodded our heads once, then went back to where we were warming up.

Fighting. It seemed like I was doing quite a bit of that lately. Athena looked ready to go, and to be honest, I was afraid of fighting her.

"Okay, show me what you've got." She challenged me. I furrowed my eyebrows and ran straight for her, in an attempt to knock her down. But the next thing I knew, I was on the ground. She had flipped me.

"Ow." I moaned, but quickly got up. This time, I'd put her in a headlock. I came to her again at an incredible speed, but got punched in the face, and flew backwards, landing on the ground again.

How does she know what to do in that split second? I asked myself, when it hit me, she could read minds. I saw Athena grin, for she knew that I had finally figured it out. I frowned. This time I wouldn't even think of what I was going to do. I'd just do it.

I went at her without a thought in my brain. Athena's face looked a bit nervous, she didn't know what I was going to do.

I suddenly punched her in the shoulder with great force, knocking her to the ground. She clutched her shoulder and groaned in pain. I grinned in pride.

"Nice job." She said when she had gotten up from the ground.

I smiled, quite proud of myself for the small victory, "Let's go again." She then said, bracing herself for what was to come.

We trained for three hours straight, all the while just fighting one another, or doing various workout routines. The whole time, though, I wondered how William and the others were doing. I had no idea what Lucian had planned for William, but I knew that he wanted Meagan, Christine, Finn, and Oliver, to become ruthless killers. I couldn't let that happen. They weren't killers. They would never become one, right?