Chapter 22

I didn't expect that this was how I was going to die. In the hands of an old and powerful vampire, with a high school jerk as witness. And although on the inside, I was terrified of dying, my face didn't show it.

"You're actually going to kill me? Just like that?" I asked Lucian. His angry, dark eyes were trained on me, the silver dagger held high over his head. He suddenly let out a low chuckle, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

I was about to open my mouth and speak once more, before Lucian threw the dagger with incredible speed. I shut my eyes tight, expecting to feel immense pain, or just sudden death. But neither of the two came. Instead, just the mouthwatering scent of...

I opened my eyes wide, and jerked my head to the side, just in time to see Hudson scream in agony as the dagger that Lucian had had in his hand, was now deep in the side of his stomach. Lucian was now standing in front of Hudson, grinning, like he enjoyed seeing Hudson's misery.

"What did you do?!" I screamed at Lucian as I ran up to Hudson, who was curled up in a ball on the floor, crying from the pain. Blood poured from his wound and onto the floor, surrounding him in a sickening pool of red liquid.

"Oh my god." I muttered as my mind races on what to do. What could I do? I've never been in a situation where someone was suffering massive blood loss from a chucked dagger to the stomach.

I had heard once that you should pull out the object that was causing the pain and harm. Although I wasn't quite sure if that was right. But I had to try, he was going to die because of Lucian anyways.

Hudson's breathing was becoming shallow, and the all the colour that he once had was being drained from his body. He was getting limper every second, though he kept the same scared and panicked look on his face.

I quickly grabbed the handle of the dagger, and took the blade out of Hudson's side, causing him to groan in pain. I tossed the silver dagger across the room, and wondered what to do next. His time was limited, just maybe a minute left.

"Hungry Yet , Aiden?" Lucians deep voice broke through the thick air like the silver dagger, and I practically jumped for I forgot that he had been standing right behind me this whole time.

I frowned, and ignored him. Even though I hated Hudson Hamilton for all the horrible things he had done to me after so many years, letting him die like this was enough punishment. I was not going to kill him like a monster. Hudson looked up at me with wary, weak eyes, before his eyes widened with immense fear. I gave him a sideways look.

"Y-your. E-eyes..." He said, his voice was shaky, weak and scared. I still didn't get it. Lucian laughed from behind me, "I knew it." He said in a voice laced with pure evil.

He knew it? What was he talking about? Hudson continued to panic and started to breathe heavily, making blood pour out of his wound easier. I could hear his heart barely beating, yet it still was. Beating slowly inside of his chest. Allowing blood to course through his veins. Blood. The one thing my mind was starting to want, desperately.

I felt like I had the first day I had been turned, and the guy with the bleeding hand stood in the middle of the hallway. I was in a trance, a trance I couldn't get out of.

I only had less than a minute until Hudson's blood would all be on the concrete floor, wasted. Don't waste another second. I thought. The smell so heavenly and alluring, I couldn't resist.

Without a seconds hesitation, I bit into Hudson's wrist, devouring the last drops of blood he had to offer.

__________________________

~Henry~

Atticus led me to an empty room that looked like many others in this place. Concrete floors, and concrete walls. With three LED lights hanging from the curling of the room, lighting the dull room.

"So. What now?" I asked once Atticus had closed the steel door shut. Atticus turned to face me with an emotionless expression. He walked over to the middle of the room, and just stood there, watching me with cold eyes.

I was kind of getting freaked out from the way he was just standing there, doing nothing. And I was about to say something, when he spoke up, "You're a Filtiarn. A descendant of King Lycaon. Meaning you can turn at will, but, that requires training. Something I can offer."

I didn't say anything, all I did was just listen intently, "First things first! We must connect with your wolf." He said.

I frowned, "And uh, how do I do that?" I asked dumbly. Atticus shook his head slightly, "Meditation." He said it like it was obvious. I sighed, I've always hated meditation, it always seemed to make me fall asleep, and I would easily get distracted.

"Seriously?" I whined. Atticus huffed, "Stop acting like a child and sit down." He demanded. I stopped my complaining and sat on the cold, hard floor in a cross legged position.

"Good. Now relax, and focus on your wolf." Atticus said once he had done the same. I didn't quite know how 'focus on my wolf' but I gave it a try. I took a deep breath in and out, relaxing myself. Closing my eyes, I focused on... Well, nothing really. I tried picturing a wolf in my head but that didn't really seem to help.

"Um, Atticus? How exactly do you focus on your wolf?" I asked sheepishly. Atticus responded with an exhausted sigh, "This is going to be a long day." He muttered.