Chapter 21

"Hudson?!" I exclaimed. My eyes were wide and my mouth hung open at the sight before me. Lucian chuckled, "Surprise!" He said.

"H-How? Why?" I stuttered. How did Lucian find him? And why would he choose him anyways? I didn't like him at all, but still.

"It'll make you feel good to get rid of a wasted life like his." Lucian said as he walked over to the cage. Hudson looked up at Lucian, then at me, and let out a muffled scream, "Let him go, Lucian." I demanded, my hands balling into fists.

Lucian grinned, "Now why would I do that? I know deep down you want to just rip his little head off." He said menacingly. I gritted my teeth, "Let him go." I said again. Lucian nodded and took out a silver key from his pocket. He put the key into a keyhole on the cage, and turned it, this unlocking the cage door. Lucian opened the metal cage door, and gestures me to come forward.

I frowned at him, "Well he's free, isn't he?" Lucian said, raising an eyebrow, "I meant let him out of this place!" I responded.

Lucian stared at me with soulless eyes, and then turned to face Hudson, who was crying uncontrollably on the ground. Lucian laughed at his weakness, and walked over to him. He bent down, and took something out of his black coat pocket. I soon saw the item in his hand as a sharp, silver dagger.

Lucian ripped the duck tape off of Hudson's mouth, making me wince in pain. Hudson screamed at the top of his lungs, tears streaming down his face. I could hear his heart beating rapidly inside of his chest. The fast, rhythmic beat making my hunger grow every second.

Lucian chuckled lowly and held the dagger to the skin on Hudson's neck, "You deny the fact that you want to kill this boy, Aiden. But I know, that no vampire can resist blood after lacking it for over twenty four hours." Lucian said. I prayed that Lucian wouldn't go far as to cut Hudson's throat. Maybe I could do something. Anything. Think, think, think!

"Aiden! Who is this freak?! Help!" Hudson screamed. He didn't dare struggle all that much, for one movement could make Lucian dig the sharp blade of the dagger right into his skin, "A freak. That's what you think of me? That's most likely what you think of Aiden, as well. For he is a lot like me." Lucian said angrily.

Hudson's facial expression was a mix of confusion, and fright, "Stop! Lucian!" I ordered Lucian.

Lucian turned his head around to look at me, "Why? I'm not the nice guy, Aiden! I kill, whenever, and wherever I please! This crying boy isn't going to change anything!" Lucian hissed. He then turned back to Hudson.

I clenched my jaw, I didn't want things to be like this. I didn't want to kill people. I didn't want to be in an army for a supernatural war. And frankly, I didn't want to be a vampire!

"Yeah? Well I am the nice guy! And I'm going to do what's right!" I yelled before using my vampiric speed to get to Lucian in less than a second. I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him away from Hudson. I then threw him forcefully at a concrete wall. Lucian hit the wall with a giant thud! Making the wall crack and crumble, leaving a big hole where Lucian had collided with the concrete. Lucian fell face first to the ground, but quickly got up, "So this is how you want to play it?" He said, before running at me with incredible speed.

He pushed me to the ground, knocking the wind out of me. As I struggled to get a breath, he stood right over me, his pale, sinister eyes glued on my frightened face. Lucian raised the silver dagger over my heart, whilst giving me an evil smile, "I knew it would all come down to this. You would eventually betray me at some point." He said, as he continued to raise the dagger even higher in the air.

"I just didn't know it would come to an end this soon."