Chapter 19

~Aiden~

I walked down the empty hallways, heading towards my room. Henry's temper stayed fresh in my mind, he wasn't the same anymore. Ever since he became a werewolf, his personality has changed. I also thought of William, and how he tried to kill me. I needed to help him and the others, I didn't want to see them as ruthless killers.

As I approached my door, a hand grabbed my shoulder from behind, making me jump and turn around. Lucian stood in front of me, a small, evil grin on his face, "What do you want?" I frowned at him and asked in the most sternest voice I could muster.

"I was just coming to talk about your friend." He simply said, letting go of my shoulder.

"What is there to talk about? He's a leader, that's it." I said. I really didn't want to be talking about this subject, it would just remind me that Henry was no longer the friend that I used to know.

"He's a Filtiarn. There's a difference." Lucian said. How could there be a difference when an alpha and a Filtiarn were both just leaders.

"A normal alpha werewolf can't shift at will. A Filtiarn can." He said, making me cock my head to the side, "Your saying that Henry can be a wolf whenever he wants?" I asked. Lucian nodded, a devilish smile spreading across his face, like he had an evil plan in mind. It wouldn't surprise me if he did.

"Filtiarns also have a relation with the first werewolf. They are somehow, descendants of him, and when, or if, they get turned, then they become Filtiarns." Lucian said. This shocked me, Henry, a descendant of a werewolf? The first werewolf? How could that even happen?!

"Who was, the first werewolf exactly?" I asked, wanting to know who Henry's lycanthrope ancestor was.

"King Lycaon." Lucian responded. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, "A king?" I said, surprised. Lucian nodded like it was no big deal, "Henry's ancestor was a king?" I couldn't believe, I mean, there was a lot of average people who have ancestors that are kings or queens, but this really surprised me.

"Yes, yes. King Lycaon was a Greek king who offended the gods by feeding them human flesh, therefore they turned King Lycaon into a werewolf. The first werewolf." Lucian said in a tired and unamused voice.

"How long ago did that happen?" I asked. If the story was about gods and kings, then it must've been old, "About, 1 A.D, or so." Lucian answered. My mouth hung open, "Yeah, yeah, it's old. Enough with all the surprised comments." Lucian waved a hand in front of my face.

"The thing is, it's good that Henry is on our side. King Lycaon is still alive due to immortality, and still lives in Greece. When we go to Greece for the war, we can show Henry to the King, and make him be on our side. He is the most powerful werewolf in history." Lucian said in a slightly excited tone of voice.

"What makes you think that'll work?" I asked, doubting his plan.

"It has to work. King Lycaon only likes his descendants, and when he sees Henry, he has to be on our side." Lucian said. I shook my head, "I don't know, what if he doesn't want any part in this war? And same with Henry?" I asked. Lucian frowned, "Henry's fighting in this war or I'll kill him." He said.

Lucian turned around, and started walking away, "As for King Lycaon, well, we'll see in three days, we're leaving for Greece tomorrow at eight pm." He said as he made his way down the hallway.

I shook my head and opened the door to my room. I closed the door behind me once inside, then flipped down on the bed. I had a rough day.