Chapter 10

~Aiden~

I woke up long before the two, intimidating vampires came to get me.

I had taken a hot shower that relaxed me for about half an hour, before reality hit me, and I was back to feeling guilty and sad.

Since I had been awake for four hours before the vampires came, I decided to just poke around the room. The two expensive dressers beside my bed, both had dozens of clothes packed into them.

I picked out a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans, then put on a black leather jacket. The clothes were made out of soft material, and I wondered if they were expensive designer clothes.

When the two vampires entered my room, I was just lying on the bed, thinking to myself, "Come on." One vampire ordered in a gruff voice. I obediently followed them towards the room where Henry had fought Magnus the night before.

The vampires stopped at the doorway, and gestures me into the room. Once I was in, they shut the steel door behind me.

I hesitated before walking towards the cage where the two wolves had fought. But, I no longer saw wolves. Just someone wrapped in a blanket, sitting on the floor. Henry!

My eyes widened and I quickly approached the cage. Magnus's body must've been taken away. All that was left of the fight were dried, pools of blood, scattered around the cage.

"Henry!" I exclaimed. Henry turned his head to the source of the voice, and saw me standing behind the cage, "Aiden?" He said in almost a whisper.

He shifted his body around to face me, still keeping himself in a sitting position. His hair was matted and his entire mouth and chin was covered in dried blood. I noticed how dirty he was as well. His face and arms were covered in a thin layer of dirt.

"I killed him..." Henry said in a grim voice. His eyes moved to the concrete floor as he said again, "I killed him."

"It was for the best. If you didn't, you would've been the one dead." I replied. He didn't look up. He was still holding a sense of depression.

"I don't remember any of it." He said after a moment of silence. He shook his head, "I can't remember a thing. Just short flashbacks."

"I remember seeing you... And the opposing wolf." He said. I pursed my lips, unsure of what to say.

"It was awful, Aiden. The pain... So. Much. Pain." He said, tears were welling up in his eyes now, and I suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over me, "I never want to go through that again." He stated. I stayed quiet.

"Here's our champ." A voice said from the doorway. We both turned our heads to see who had arrived. My mouth literally hung open when I saw him.

"Thomas?!" I asked. He grinned, "Surprise." He said, then started to walk towards us.

"How did you. Where'd you. What?" I sputtered. I was incredibly confused. How did he not get put into a locked room like William? Maybe he had and he just escaped. Or maybe him and the others(all except William) have been roaming the place for a while. Still under watch, but not locked up in a room.

"It was never my intent on killing Lucian. You see, him and I had a deal." He said. This took me aback, and it took a moment to process what he had just said in my brain.

"Years and years ago, when I was recently turned, I had encountered Lucian. He told me he could make me human again for he apparently knew the cure for vampirism. He would only help me though if I did him a favour. I had to kill William, since he had always been a nuisance to Lucian, and make sure Lucians plans to overthrow the vampire government succeeded." He explained. Things still didn't make sense though.

"But, didn't William turn you? And how long ago was that? If it was a long time ago, why did you wait all this time and stay with William?" I peppered him with questions.

"After I made the deal with Lucian, William had found Christine. Once I had tried to kill William, but Christine foiled my plan. William kept finding new vampires all the time, and I was quickly outnumbered. But, after you showed up and made the huge declare of killing Lucian, I had a chance. I told Lucian to pick up your little friend here and once Lucians vampires captured you all, I had succeeded with my plan." He said simply. Immense anger was building up inside of me.

"How could you?!" I demanded. I could feel the sharp tips of my fangs poke at my tongue, and I guessed that my eyes had turned a deep red.

Thomas only grinned in response, "You're the one who was shaking hands with that vampire guy when I got drugged? You sold me to Lucian?" Henry asked angrily.

"Hey, I'm deeply sorry. But, there's nothing you can do to stop everything now. Things are just getting started." He said with an evil tone of voice.