Chapter 14

~Henry~

"The names Reagan." The tanned, dark haired girl introduced herself. She stuck her hand out to me, waiting for me to shake it. I did so and said, "H-Hi, I'm Henry."

She smiled, then let go of my hand, "I can tell your a new werewolf." She said. I was taken aback, then nodded. How did she know that? I asked myself.

"That means your weaker than the rest of us." Reagan said, looking around the room at the four other werewolves.

We were in a gym, training for the 'war'. I had no idea all of these werewolves worked for Lucian. I guessed that maybe they were taken prisoner and forced to join his army.

Reagan was right. All of these other werewolves looked much stronger than I. And they were much older too. The oldest one looked to be in his mid-forties. The rest of them looked like they were either twenty or thirty. I was actually getting quite nervous now. Compared to everyone else, I was a twig.

"Okay you mutts! WARM UP!" A stern, middle aged man yelled. I already disliked him. The fact that he called us mutts meant that he wasn't a werewolf; most likely he was a vampire.

Everyone spread out, and started stretching. I warmed up as well by doing jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, and a couple of other stretches. I was surprised at how easy I could do things. I seemed more, stronger, than I'd ever used to be.

"Alright!" The male vampire said after about half an hour of vigorous warm up routines, "Your all going to have to go up against Atticus, to test your strength as a human." The vampire pointed to the eldest werewolf. We have to go up against him? I thought.

Atticus stepped forward. His broad shoulders, and sturdy build frightened me. He had black hair that was beginning to grey, that was styled in a buzz cut. His light grey eyes scanned everyone in the room, and when they landed on me, a shiver ran up my spine.

The vampire turned his head to face Atticus. He then nodded, keeping a straight face.

Atticus grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head, taking it off. He then threw it to the ground.

I tilted my head to the side as he began taking his shoes off, "What's he doing?" I leaned towards Reagan and whispered in her ear.

She let out a short laugh, "Atticus has the ability to shift into his wolf form whenever he wants. It's odd, and, nobody knows how he can do it. He's not a purebred so it's a bit of a mystery." She said. I frowned. It seemed odd. I thought werewolves could only turn on a full moon. And I had no idea there were purebreds!

I looked away out of disgust as Atticus took his pants off. I'm only seventeen. There's no way I'm ruining my last year of 'childhood' by seeing a forty year old man naked.

I shut my eyes and tensed up as the sound of bones breaking could be heard throughout the room. To my surprise, Atticus didn't let a out a peep. When I was forced to shift, the change had been unbearably painful. I didn't know how Atticus could go through this without even making a single sound of pain.

The shift only lasted thirty seconds, but it felt as though it were an eternity. The sound of breaking bones, and inhuman growls made my heart quicken.

Reagan nudged me with her elbow once it was finished. I slowly turned around and looked, only to see a jet black wolf standing where Atticus had been. The wolf had spots of white and grey, peppered around in its glossy fur. It's eyes were a bright, yellow, replacing Atticus's former grey ones.

"Okay then! Everyone will have a chance to have a one on one fight with Atticus. Don't worry, though, we know that werewolves are much stronger in their wolf form then they are in their human form, so, Atticus is going to go slightly bit easier on you all." The vampire spoke. I was breathing heavily now, and my body was beginning to shake with nervousness and fear.

"Who wants to go first?" The vampire asked us all. No one volunteered at first, but after a few seconds, a young man who looked like he was twenty five or so, stepped up, "I'll go." He said.

We all gave our attention to the man with the short honey brown hair. The vampire grinned, happy to get the ball rolling.

"Alright then, step onto the mat." He said in a smooth voice, gesturing towards the large, circular navy blue mat that sat behind us. The volunteer walked over to the mat, and so did Atticus. His sharp claws clicking on the floor as he walked across the room.

"He's in control?" I asked Reagan. Knowing I was talking about Atticus, she nodded, then responded, "Except for when the moon's full. No werewolf, even purebreds, are in control at that time."

We all surrounded the border of the mat, and waited for someone to make the first move.

The volunteer and Atticus circled around the mat, keeping their eyes locked on each other. Waiting.

Atticus made his move by pouncing with great speed, onto the volunteer. He fell to the ground and looked right into Atticus's yellow eyes. Atticus had pinned him down, placing his ginormous paws onto the mans shoulders. He growled, baring his pearly white, razor sharp teeth.

The man struggled underneath Atticus's hold, but Atticus wouldn't let him go. This was going to be a long training session.
___________________________

Hello wonderful readers! Thank you for reading this chapter! It's longer, I know. It feels like forever since I've updated so I thought I had better make up for the wait(maybe I'm just too busy it feels like forever... Whatever) Hope you all have a fabulous rest of the day, and I'll talk to you on the next chapter!
*Thank you*

Vote & comment!