Chapter 23

~Henry~

"I still can't see anything." I complained, receiving an exhausted sigh from Atticus, "You have to be able to see something." He said. I shook my head, "Nope."

Atticus growled. I've been trying to focus on my 'wolf' for over four and a half hours, and I still haven't made any progress. The whole process was actually starting to frustrate me quite a bit.

"Maybe if we-" Atticus started, but I stopped him mid sentence. I just could take it any longer, "Stop! I'm sick of this! It's obviously not working, so why keep trying?!" I shouted, getting to my feet. Atticus stared at me without saying a word.

I was so frustrated with my inability to focus. How was I able to connect with my wolf last time? Everyone had seen me, they said that they had saw my wolf. But how?!

Atticus's blank stare grew to a curious look as he took a step closer to me a tilted his head to the side, "It's not meditation that triggers it." He said quietly, more to himself than me.

"What?" I asked. I calmed down as he slowly circled around me, "It's not meditation that triggers your wolf. It's anger." He said, "I didn't expect that from someone with your personality." He mumbled.

"What does that mean?" I asked angrily. My personality? How would he know what my personality is like?

"Well it's just that you seem so weak and gentle that you couldn't even hurt a fly." He said simply. I gritted my teeth, "Are you saying I'm weak?!" I growled.

Atticus grinned, "Yes, I actually I am." He replied. That made me snap. At that moment, something inside of me just, snapped. Like someone had pulled a lever, revealing something dangerous.

__________________________

~Atticus~

I grinned to myself the moment I figured it out. After over four hours of trying to get Henry to relax and focus, nothing happened. Until Henry got mad, that's when I saw it. Deep in his eyes, I saw his wolf.

All along, the thing that triggered it was anger. I was actually surprised that anger triggered Henry's wolf. I thought at first that relaxation would do it, but I was wrong.

I now stood in front of Henry, his hands clenched into fists, and his teeth gritted. I knew, that I would have to continue tormenting Henry to get his wolf to emerge.

"You are so weak, Henry! I can't believe that someone like you is a Filtiarn!" I shouted. Henry grew angrier by the second, and I didn't know if he noticed, but his eyes had gone from ocean blue, to a bright yellow. I went on tormenting him.

"You're pathetic!" I angered him. He growled, the sound coming out as animalistic. I knew I was close. His top and bottom canine teeth had become sharp and dog like.

"Look at you! If you don't think you're a weak and pathetic joke then somethings wrong with you!" I shouted in his face. Okay, I'll admit that one was a bit too much, but it got the job done.

Henry's wolf had been called fourth. And in less than two minutes, I was staring into the eyes of a dark furred animal with yellow eyes.

__________________________

~Aiden~

I couldn't believe it. Hudson's blood was on my hands, as well as my face. His limp, lifeless body huddled on the cold ground. I felt like going into hiding. I wanted to lock myself in a room forever, just to prevent anyone else from getting hurt. Hudson died, because of me.

Lucian lugged his incredibly menacing laugh, and said, "Doesn't that feel better? To have someone's life coursing through your veins?"

I frowned and quickly turned around to face Lucians dark expression, "No! It doesn't! I killed him! That doesn't make me feel good at all!" I shouted.

"But it's in our nature to kill, Aiden. That's what our kind has been doing for centuries." He said. I balled my hands into fists, "We don't have to kill people! I don't want to kill people!" I said.

"But at the end of the day, a vampire just can't resist the sweet sensation of draining someone of their life force. That is how we survive. Just take a look at your friends. They're savages, just like they were when they were new to all of this." Lucian said. My anger was diminishing, yet there was still some left in me.

"They're not savages." I said. This seemed to interest Lucian, "Oh they're not, are they? Do you not remember William, trying to drink your blood? He was so hungry that, he would turn on his own kind, ignoring the fact that our blood can kill each other." Lucian said. I couldn't hide the shock on my face, "How do you know that happened?" I asked him.

Lucian laughed, "You don't think I don't have security cameras in every room of this place, do you?" He asked me, like I should've known.

I regained my angered expression, pushing away the fact that Lucian witnessed William trying to eat me, "They're not savages." I said again.

Lucian just grinned, "You can't deny the facts, Aiden. They're returning to their former selves." He said before turning around, and leaving the room.