CHAPTER 2: Help! Someone Commit A Suicide!

Author: Chai JiDan

Full Etrans: Anne Noh

Yue Yue has a sharp tongue and Wu Qiqiong was already used to it

Yue Yue has a sharp tongue and Wu Qiqiong was already used to it. He decided not to be in the same boat as her and bent to pick up the bag. He smiled and handed the bag back to Yue Yue.

"If you do not like me, I can lose some weight for you."

"Don't waste your time. It's not simply about a few kilograms. Fatness can be reduced but your stinginess is really hopeless! You always buy discounted things whenever we go shopping and you will only go to the supermarket that are having sale. You always choose a room without internet and air conditioner when we rent a room. All my close girl friends drive a car but I still ride the crowded subway!"

Wu Qiqiong with good nature tried to coax her, "There are many traffic congestion at Beijing and the oil price is so high. It's really uneconomical to drive!"

Yue Yue was displeased, "Right. Your monthly salary is just slightly over ¥2000. Living cost in Beijing is expensive, much more uneconomical to have a girlfriend! To help you to save money, we should break up."

"Don't do this..." Wu Qiqiong pleaded humbly, "I don't feel bad spending money on you."

"Yes, it's only ¥2000, what is there to feel bad about? Even if you muster all your efforts, you can only get a bowl of soymilk and two pieces of [1] jiao quan. What's the point of graduated from a famous university but ended up working from nine-to-five, just like a junior college student. My friend didn't even graduate from high school and he is driving a BMW now. If you can't afford a BMW, can't you at least get a Passat?"

[T/N: [1] jiao quan (焦圈) - also known as fried ring. A famous breakfast snack in Beijing, usually eaten with warm soymilk. Refer picture below.]

Wu Qiqiong took out a tissue and thoughtfully wiped Yue Yue's sweat, "Don't worry, don't worry, I'll buy a car in a few years."

"In a few years? You want to buy a car with your pathetic salary? Your house is a tragedy but you still have the nerve to ask me to join for a meal? Wu Qiqiong, [2] totally poor. How poor you are? Just look at your name, it shows that you can't prosper. Well, just go, tell your mother that we are over."

[T/N: [2] totally poor is 无极穷 (wu ji qiong), sound almost like his name 吴其穹 (wu qi qiong).]