CHAPTER 124: A [1] Simple Life With Meticulous Budgeting.

Author: Chai JiDan

Full Etrans: Anne Noh

The weather was getting colder in these past few days, Jiang Xiao Shuai's clinic was overcrowded with people, busied for the whole morning, just when he was about to sit down and have a drink, another voice came from behind.

"Doctor Jiang."

Jiang Xiao Shuai put down the glass and said habitually, "Yes, are you sick anywhere..."

After seeing the person behind him, he couldn't help from clenching his teeth in annoyance, and then he looked at his clothes, donning a suit, ironed flat collar, his hair was trimmed neatly...he couldn't resist from holding his hand, and jokingly said: "Director Wu, your honourable visit, forgive me to not going out to welcome you!"

Wu Suowei laughed heartily, and pinched Jiang Xiao Shuai's face firmly.

"Why are you free today?" Jiang Xiao Shuai asked.

Wu Suowei pointed outside and said: "there is a reconstruction at intersection of [1] District 48, the traffic lights will be standardized, and change to LED traffic signals, and our company accepted this project. In these past two days my staffs are [2] surveying the site, I come to supervise their work, also come to see you."

[T/N: [1] Northern Houhai at Xicheng District. [2] Engineering surveying for highway construction.]

Jiang Xiao Shuai smiled and poked at Wu Suowei's stomach, "you could take over government's project, you aren't a small feat!"

Wu Suowei said seriously, "This is the result of effort by all the employees at the company."

Jiang Xiao Shuai snorted, "isn't it should only be credited to Lieutenant Chi?"

"Who said that?" Wu Suowei denied, "he isn't in the Traffic Management Bureau, he had transferred to the [3] Finance Bureau."

[T/N: [3] in earlier chapters, CC is under Public Security Bureau (PSB) as a Chengguan. Then he became a traffic police under Ministry of Public Security (MPS). Now he transferred to Equipment and Finance Bureau in MPS. His father is a Secretary General in a State Council, even though he isn't the General Secretary, but he still has power in MPS.]

"What's the point of working in Traffic Management Bureau? The development prospect in the Finance Bureau is much better. Your man must have tried his best to transfer to this bureau now because of this project. First, he paved a smooth road for your, and then he snatched one of the official post at the Finance Bureau and provide a great political connection for your company's development and growth. Isn't this what he had planned?"

Wu Suowei coldly snorted, "You think highly of me, it was really easy for him to transfer to another post, why do you think too much? It is really impossible for him to prioritize me, it must those snakes, I guess he also realized, without a solid social status, it is impossible to establish a safe and comfortable living environment for his sons."