Ch13~ the dinner by cameron's point of view

(Edited)

A/N(i have been getting a good response for the book. Hope you guys are liking the book too. Please vote and comment. And any suggestions/corrections are most welcomed)

Cameron's pov

I was shocked when Lexi opened the door...

I mean I knew that this house looked familiar somehow but I couldn't remember that I had come here that day to drop Lexi.

When I came from school dad told me that we would be going for a dinner at his best friend's house along with the Mickels. Oh, I really don't like sam. He's just a player who likes to steal other's girlfriends. 4yrs ago my girlfriend cheated on me with him. Well, I wasn't that happy in the relationship anyways so it didn't hurt me much that she cheated on me. The fact that bothered me was that sam just had sex with her because he knew she was my girlfriend at the time.

Since that, we both really don't like each other.

Anyways when Lexi opened the door I couldn't help but check her out. She looked gorgeous...

She welcomed us all in and her eyes met with mine. We both smiled at each other and went in.

After all the introductions we all sat down on the dining table and adults got lost in their own world.

We were sitting in a way where the adults were seated together. Mason and claire sat beside each other. And Lexi was seated between me and Aaron with sam in front of her.

I didn't miss the glances sam was throwing in lex's direction.

Me and Aaron got busy in our own conversation that we didn't notice sam talking to Lexi.

When he asked her if she had a boyfriend mine and Aaron's head both snapped to their conversation.

"No I don't" she replied blushing a bit.

He just smirked and said," well you look really hot tonight!"

By seeing aroon's face I could tell he was angry that a guy just called her sister hot! Infront of him.

He then interrupted them and introduced himself to him again.

"Hi I am Aaron. Lexi's older brother" and they both shook hands.

"So Lexi would you like to go out on a date with me sometime?"

The nerve of that guy!

I was starting to shake a bit.

Before she could answer Aaron interrupted.

"Sorry but Lexi can't go out on a date until I and dad approve the guy. Plus you guys don't know each other well you just met a couple of hours ago!"

I relaxed a bit that she won't be going with him.

"It's ok. And you're right we don't know each other well but I would love to get to know you." He said winking at her in the last.

My blood boiled and I kicked him under the table.

"What the fu-hell man!" He screamed in anger.

I just gave everybody an innocent look. " sorry man my bad".

I could hear Aaron snicker beside Lexi.

By this time I was glaring at sam while he was glaring at me .

Our gaze was broken when lexi's mom carol started speaking.

"Lexi honey why don't you play the piano and sing something to our guests" she suggested.

Lexi hesitated for a second by nodded lightly.

We all stood up and went to the living room where there was a big piano set in the middle.

She sat on the stool and let her fingers roam the keys.

She soon started playing a thousand years by Christina Perri.

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer...