Word Of Mouth

That day I didn't go out with Delarge. I had been going out with him every night and my droogs would start to think something was wrong. Them finding out I was dating the murderer of one of me friends was not in my plans and I didn't want it to happen. That is why that day I packed me night clothes and went towards me best friend's house, Jennifer.
I knocked on the door and her almost asleep mother came to awser it.
"Hello Rebecca darling are you looking for Jen?"
"Yes ma'am could you call her for me?"
"For sure deary."
She went inside and I could hear her going up the stairs. After a little while Jen came and closed the door. I was already walking to hug her when she turned to me with a killer stare in her eyes.
"How dare you come back here and look deep in my eyes? I wasn't sure but you really are the person with most guts that I know of."
Shit she knew it.
"What are you talking about?"
"You bloody know what I am talking about!"
She was screaming now. Her eyes started tearing. I was in the exact position Alex had been when I came to his house after Scarlett's death.
"Look, Jen, there is no need for this."
"No need for this?"
There was an ironic smile on her face. She was really pissed indeed.
"Shit Bec he killed one of your friends! One of our friends! Can you forgive that?"
She was crying now. It wasn't a sad cry, though. It was a cry of disapointment. A cry of disbelief.
"Jen you don't know how much I hate Delarge for doing that, but the thing is"
I stopped for a minute she was still looking at me seriously. I started to cry meself.
"I love him. I liked him since the moment we crossed looks, but when I got to know him I fell in love woth him. I don't expect you to get it or to forgive me. I am not going to stop though. I'll be with him until the day I die."
I turned me back to her and started walking away. I could feel her just standing.
"Bec wait."
She came kind of running towards me and hugged me when she reached me.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have been so mad about it. After all that is what our friendship agreement is isn't it."
"Don't state your opinions about a relationship if it is real."
She looked at me. Smiled and dragged me inside.
We went to her room,where she locked the door. I asked if we were going to call the other girls and go out but she said we wouldn't possibly go out that night.
"I have to know the details!"
I looked at her seriously.
"What are we going to be comon white girls now?"
"Heck yeah. You have to be totally mental if you think you won't tell me a thing."
I breathed deeply. She won.
"Okay then what do you want to know?"
"How Tyler knew before me?"
"Tyler did what?"
"Tyler Pattison, he was the one who told me. And he is a good kisser by the way."
I was shocked. I mean I expected Tyler to avenge himself but not to rape my friend.
"You are telling me, that piece of shit called Tyler told you and raped you?"
"Oh no he asked me out. I went to the ice cream shop today."
"You did what?"
"I went out with him"
Brothers that got me out of my senses. Gosh I even started talking like Delarge. Tyler doing whatever he wanted for revenge was aceptable, but my best friend betraing me like this was just too much.
I got up, pick up my cane and hit Jen's legs real hard.
"Fuck Bec what was that for?!"
I pulled her by the collar of her shirt and looked her deep in the eyes. She was not going to do this and get out untouched.
"Look here now. You might be my friend, but I am still your leader and no droog of mine will go out with the guy who I hate the most on the face of the earth."
She emerged a sarcastic smile and looked back at me.
"Oh yeah? Says who? The chick who banged her friends murderer! What a great position are you to say a God damn thing about me sister."
She had a point. Back then she was still mad at me. I let her go and steped a bit back.
"I guess we are even then."
"I'll see you tomorrow?"
My friends regained confidence too easily. That was good in a certain way. We were even. I grabbed my stuff and went towards Delarge's place.
Was it a war Tyler wanted. Well, I would give him a war all right.