Who New Even Picnics Could Go Wrong? Part 7

"I was the knight in shining armor in your movie
Would put your lips on mine and love the aftertaste
Now I'm a ghost, I call your name, you look right through me
You're the reason I'm alone a
-"

I shut off the alarm on my phone. Man, I love that song but, remind me why I put it as my alarm? I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts. I hop out of the bed and take a shower. After my shower, I change into my black ripped skinny jeans, a blue anchor shirt, my black and red converses. Then I tie a red and black flannel around my waist. This should be a 'parent worthy' outfit.

I skip downstairs to see Eliot making waffles. Waffles! I sit down in a chair.

"What's on the menu chef Eliot?" I joke.

"Would you like to know the special?" He turns around to look at me. He's wearing my mom's apron that has "My Cookin' Is Berry Good" with little blueberries with cute faces dotted everywhere plastered on the front.  

"Yes please!" I smile, with a small laugh. 

Elliot laughs. "The special today is chocolate chip waffles. The toppings you may add include whip cream, sprinkles, or/and strawberries. And the spread is maple syrup, regular syrup or Nutella." 

"The special, with all the toppings and Nutella."

"Come'in right up." He turns back around and goes back to cooking. Elliot is a great cook, his grandma is a professional chef. So she taught him almost everything she knew.

A couple minutes later Elliot hands me my waffles. As I'm about to take my first bite, Eliot asks me, "So where ya going?"

"Oh, Tyler asked me if I could go to his family picnic. And since I didn't have anything to do today, I was like, why the hell not." I shrug then I shove a piece of waffle in my mouth. "So. What's happening in the town that I should know?"

"Oh, nothing really. You know Xavier doesn't really do pranks anymore cause you left," he answers sadly, fiddling with the spatula in his hands. 

"Awww. Why?" I wonder out loud after I eat a bit of the delectable waffles. 

"Honestly, I have no clue. But we all do miss you. There's a rumor going around that Xavier had a crush on you, and when you left he quit so he wouldn't think of you." He shrugs, looking at my almost finished waffles. 

"Yeah right. Anyway, hows Scarlet?" Scarlet was Eliot's mom's friends daughter, they were best friends and still are. Even I got pretty close to Scarlet. His face lights up.

"Well....we're actually.....dating." He smiles sheepishly. I drop my fork on the empty plate.

I think I eat too fast...

"Wait what?! When?! Where?! How?! I remember you telling me that you liked her....but you said that you weren't sure about it!" I yell, getting overly excited. 

"It happened the day after you left. It was in my bedroom. And we were really devastated that you left us, she kept staring blankly at the wall. And I didn't know what to do. So I did the only thing I could think of at the time. I kissed her. Yes, she was taken off guard, but less then a couple seconds later, she kissed back. So we had to break apart so we could breathe. And she told me that she liked me since the day at the carnival. And....yeah. I asked her out. And boom..now we're dating." He smiles. I laugh. "What's so funny?"

"It's about time you guys got together. Jake, you owe me fifty bucks!" I yell, throwing my fist in the air.

"You made a bet on me?" He fakes an offended look.