Grand Reaper. 25

Val's P.O.V.

"So, what are you supposed to be?" Max asks Elliot. After Elloit came, we all decided to sit on the couch and talk until Kayla comes to help us with our costumes. I wonder what she has in mind.

"Well, I was going to be a tourist, but I didn't have a camera, or a Hawaiian shirt. So i'm a surfer. Isn't it radical?" He jokes. 

"What's with the shirt?" Max asks, pointing to his plain blue shirt, giving her old best friend a weird look. 

"Oh, well some surfers have those wet shirt things. But I don't have one that fits me. And I know that Austin does. Could you be a dear and grab it for me?" Elliot bats his eyelashes at Max.

Max huffs, standing up and making her way down a hallway, mumbling something along the lines of, "Your lucky your my best friend."

Once I know Max is out of ear shot, I turn to Elliot. "That's one of the first times I see Max obeying someone."

He chuckles lightly. "Yeah, she can be pretty stubborn and rude. But, she's a real teddy bear." He adds quietly. Come to think of it, Max does some times remind me of a little kid. Like that cupcake blanket she has. Then, a question pops in my head.

"Do you know what happened to Max?" I ask, cautiously.

He stares at me weirdly. "She went to Austins room. You literally just saw her walk into that hallway." He says in a 'duh' tone, pointing to the hallway that Max went through.

I shake my head. "Not that you dumbass. Something bad happened to her, while she was living in her old town. I know, it's not really my business but I can't help it. Do you know about it?" I asks hesitantly. His eye widen in realization. Then his lips press into a hard, thin line.

"It's not my story. But it did affect me, almost as much as it did to her. But, still. My lips are sealed." He playfully winks, as he pretends to seal his lips shut.

"Isn't that an eighty's song?" I ask, amused. I haven't even known Elliot that long, but I do know that he can turn almost any situation in an amusing one. Or in other words, lighten the mood.

"No shit Sherlock. My mom always plays that song. It's fucking annoying at times." Elliot groans. Then a blue shirt with white hibiscus flowers littering one one of the shirt.

"My Lip's are Sealed? That song?" Max asks, an amused expression engulfing her facial features.

"What other song?" Elliot scoffs, setting the shirt by his side.

 Max shrugs, pulling out her phone. Is she doing what I think she's doing? Max secretly smirks to herself, typing on her phone, or Ipod. Then a song starts to blare through the television  speakers. But, a horrified look strikes Elliot's face as we listen closely to the music, blaring dangerously through the speakers.

I knew it. She played the song. The music thundering through the poor speakers. It's so loud that you can feel the vibration of the music. It's like a high school party. Just minus the alcohol, sweaty teenagers, the busy rooms, and the aroma of brutal puke.

"My lips are sealed!" Max clamors, ever so loudly. And besides me, I can barely make out Elliot's laugh. It's like a whisper on a cold winter night. Waiting for Santa to come, but you can't sleep. Or, if your at an intensely strict  library.

I slowly start to laugh, as I watch Max dancing around the living room, blaring her lungs out to the catchy eighty's tune.

--------

"Ugh," Max playfully groans. "finally you show up." Max nudges an excited looking Kayla.

"Well, i'm sorry, okay? I had school, unlike some people..." She trails off, glaring at an innocent looking Max. "Plus, I needed to go back home to get my stuff." She whines. And it's then that I notice the two over-sized bags in her hands.