We're Locked In Here. 12

I wonder why I still love him when he hates me.....- Anonymous 

------------------------------------------------

I change into some grey sweatpants and a dark grey hoodie. Knowing we're not going anywhere special. Unless you count Maxes house special...nahhh. I jog downstairs, to say bye to my mom. I give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"We're going to school ma." I say.

"Ok. You boys have fun!" She shouts as I close the door.

"I'll try real hard." I mumble to myself. We all hop in Clarence's light blue Honda Accord 2015. An old car but still in good shape. I was the last person in, and not even a second after I close the car door Tyler yells at me.

"You haven't told her about Max!?"

"Oops....?" I say. Tyler and Clarence sigh, while Chance slightly shakes his head. "What!?" I yell.

"I told you to get along with Max." 

"And I did! But I didn't tell mom about her. Is that such a big deal? Plus you never said to tell mom about her, you just said to get along with the chick!" I defend. They sigh in defeat. I pop in my headphones in and listen to 'Sappy' by Nirvana. Man I love this band. I turn the volume up, to almost max. I see the guys having a conversation, but I really don't care about it, so I stick to listening to my music. And before I know it, we're parked outside Maxes house. I take out my headphones, stuff them back into my pocket and evacuate the car. Clarence knocks on the door. Then James swings it open. 

"Oh, hey." He smiles. "Max is upstairs. MAX! THEY'RE HERE!" He yells.

"I AM NOT MOVING FROM MY BED!" She yells back to James. James sighs.

"Come on in." He says holding the door wider so we can walk in. "But...avoid all eye contact with Jake. He's in a bad mood today." He whispers. We nod in gratitude then we walk up the stairs. Once we reach Maxes door, it's closed.

"MAX!?" Clarence shouts while knocking on the door. We hear a muffled 'come in'. We slowly walk in. Looks almost the same, but Max looks dead on her bed. And her sheets are every where. And I mean every where. Ones by the bathroom door, which is on the opposite side of the room, one is covering half of her desk and some are hanging off of her bed. How many sheets does a woman need? Like...the hell?

"Wow...Max. What happened?" Tyler asks.

"The fever happened." She mumbles, into her pillow. She's laying on her stomach, her right foot placed near her left thigh, her left arm is under her pillow while her right hand is placed on the pillow, near her face. It looks like a very difficult and weird ballet move.

"Do you want us to leave?" Chance asks, sorta sadly. Max shoots out of bed, which startles us. Her hair is every where, but she still some how looks cute. Wait....did I say....cute? And Max...in the same sentence? Ok....Max. Fuck you! You gave me your damn fever! And I've been here for like what? Three minutes?

"NO! Just...i'm pretty tired. So i'm more lazy. So what do you loser's want to do?" She asks, while sitting up.

"Movies?" Clarence suggests. Maxes face light's up and she nods eagerly. Like a five year old getting his favorite flavor of ice cream. That's new. The guys laugh while it leaves me shocked. Who knew Max actually had these kind of emotions? Then James and Jake bust through the door.

"Hey JJ's." Max smiles at them. James smiles back, while Jake gives us hard glares. James roll his eyes and elbow's Jake in the side.

"Hey Max. Were going to take Mason to one of his new friends birthday party. We'll be back in two hours or so." James says, while giving her a kiss on the head.