Trayvon, 18

Some times, love is just another ordinary word.-Anonymous.

-----------------------------------

Val's P.O.V. 

I fall onto my bed, lazily. I feel so drained. After we found out that Max and that Amber girl were cousins, we finished our lunch, totally forgetting about the challenge f who could eat the fastest. After we finished lunch, we all went to a movie, it was a scary movie. I think it was the new Blair Witch movie. And a fun fact about Max, is she hates scary movies. Shocked right? I was to. So I sat next to Max, I was on her right and I think Clarence was on her left. So when the movie started, she just stared at the screen, wide eyed. Like someone was killing a puppy. And when there was a jump scare, she would cling to my left arm. It was hilarious, I wasn't complaining though. And once in awhile she would bury her head into my shoulder blade. It felt.....comforting. I guess you could use that word to describe it.

And after the movie, Amber left with the guys. And Tyler dropped all of us off. And I feel really embarrassed. Why did I put my arm over her shoulder? Like, god. I looked so fucking desperate! And I don't even like her!

Are you sure about that? My dumb ass conscious says.

Shut up. I don't like Max. She's a friend. Nothing more, and nothing less. But, that other Val guy was pissing me off. It was fucking clear as a crystal that he was flirting with Max. She has a fucking boyfriend, asshole! I really wanted to punch the dildo. Dildo, really? That's what Max says. I shrug off the thought. Then I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell. Then my mom comes walking in. She sits next to me.

"Rough day today?"

"No, just drained." She nods in understanding.

"Oh, by the way, Tyler called saying that Max has your phone. And that the person took it on accident. Who's Max?"

"Oh, a new friend of mine. She moved here like a week ago."

"Oh, so Max is a girl." She smirks. I roll my eyes.

"We're just friends mom."

"Sure, sure. Anyway, when can me and your father meet this Max?"

I shrug. "Don't know. When she want's to come over."

"Well, why don't you call her?"

I laugh out loud. "Mom, she has my phone. And I don't remember her number." 

"Oh." She gives me a sheepish face. "Then, go retrieve it. And when you get your phone back. Ask her." She shrugs.

I groan. "Do I have to?"

"Yes Val, now go." She says firmly. I huff, but I get out of bed. I walk down the stairs and I slip on my converses.

"I'll be back." I mumble, then I walk out the door, and to my bike.

----------

I park in her drive way, and I walk to the front door. And I ring the door bell. A few seconds later, Max swings the door open.

"Oh, hey Val. You want your phone?" I nod. "Ok, it's in my room. You can come in. I'll only be a minute or so."

"A-okay." I say as I walk into the door, I close the door behind me. And Max walks up the stairs. Then Austin walks out of the living room to the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Val. What's up?"

"Nothing. Max accidentally took my phone. So i'm here to retrieve it." He nods.

"There's more to the story then that." He states. I sigh.

"How'd you know?"

He shrugs. "I just can. And plus, you guys go to the same school, she could of just gave it to you tomorrow. So tell me Valentino. What was the other reason why your here?"