Run Away. 31

Max's P.O.V

Monday

-Rewind-

"Perfect." Val smiles down at me. "I'll meet you at you're locker." He calls as he jogs to his locker. I walk over to my locker, and I turn the combination. But before I can finish it, someone calls my name. I turn around to see Clarence walking towards me.

I smile at him, then I realize that he's walking with someone. My eyes meet the other person. And I feel like the ground is crumbling underneath me.

He's here. He can't be here. There is no way, he could be here. Why would he be here? How could he be here? How did he find me?

My legs become jello, as they stand right in front of me.

"Hey Max. This is the new student. His names-"

"Noah." I spit, I give him a deathly glare.

"Hello Max. Long time no see. Huh?" 

-Present-

"Not long enough." I mutter under my breath. He can't be here. He-he just can't! He'll destroy everything I've built! He'll tell them. He'll tell them what happened. He'll tell them what I did. 

My breath becomes shaky as he takes a step towards me. "What's wrong?" He asks, reaching to grab my cheek.

I slap his hand away, as my back is pressed to the locker. Flashbacks coming back to my mind, that I thought I would never think of again.

-Flashback-

"Come on! It's not even that high!" Adien tried to encourage Noah to jump off a cliff into a steep lake we found when we were twelve. Noah, being the person to be afraid of height's didn't want to.

"I-I don't w-want to!" Noah whined, stepping further away from the edge. I walk over to him, grip his arm and pull him back to the edge.

"Please? It'll be fun!" I cheer, throwing my arms in the air.

Noah gives me a queasy look. "Do I have to?"

"Yes! Now come on!" I smile, as I look down at the water.

"Hey, to make you feel better, we'll all hold hands while we go down? Does that sound good?"

Noah nods shyly. "Yeah. A little." 

"Okay, you'll be in the middle. I'll be on you're right, and Adien will be to you're left." I say, as I walk over to Noah's right hand side.

He slips his hand through mine, and entangles our fingers together. "Ready?" I ask.

He shakes his no. "Not at all."

"Oh, you'll be fine. We'll count down. I'll say one. You can say two. And Max can say three. Sound cool?" Adien asks, looking between both of us.

"Yup." I pop the 'p'.

"I-I guess." Noah stutters.

"Okay. Three..." Adien says, as he looks down at the water.

But, before Noah can say anything, I yell, "One!" And I jump off the ledge, Noah still connected to my hand. 

We fall for a few seconds, Noah's screams echoing through the area. And we splash into the warm water. Our hands let go of each other, and we swim to the clouds, to breath.