Chapter 5

(LPOV)

Everyone was carrying on their own conversations but I could see Adrian watching Rose's aura. And I could tell that what he saw was bothering him just as much as it was me. Her pain was getting worse with each passing moment. She was nearly in tears on the inside, but she wouldn't show it, unless she absolutely had no choice. I saw aunt Janine walk over to Rose and Dimitri and as bad as I know it is, I listened to their conversation.

"Rose, honey can you hear me?" She asked gently. 

She may have left Rose at the academy when she was five. But in the last two years a lot of forgiveness has been given to Aunt Janine and Uncle Abe. Whom Rose only meet after we ran away two years ago. Even after everything she's had to go through, without them, it has just brought them so much closer. You'd never know they had missed out on eleven years of her life.

"Yes, she can hear you." I heard Dimitri reply for Rose.

"Is there anything that I can do to help baby girl?"

"A hug, she wants a hug from her mama." Dimitri again giving Rose's answer. Aunt Janine kneeled down next to her beloved daughter and hugged her long and tight. Knowing she couldn't do anything physically to help her daughter, but she could and would be there mentally and emotionally. Which is exactly what Rose needs from her mom right now. Uncle Abe walks over to join his growing family.

"Oh Kiz, I would give everything I have to be able to help you through this right now."

"Baba you are helping just by being here for me. I love both of you so much." Dimitri again relays Rose's message to them. Then suddenly I hear Dimitri scream my name.

"Lissa! Her eyes are changing color. What do we do?" Dimitri loves her so much and he is so worried about her, he is in a near panic state.

"Dimitri, calm down each time her eyes change color it's because the pain is getting worse this is just the next stage." I tell him trying to calm him down. 

I have heard of Dimitri Belikov before and he is not one to panic. I've always heard of his self-control, ability to remain calm under pressure, and never letting his emotions show. But that was all before he fell in love with Rose. He loves her so much; he can't hide the fear he has for her.

"When they go red, then everyone that wants to leave the room can except for Kirova, she is going to feel what she caused." Aunt Tati said to everyone.

(ABE POV)

"Abe can I talk to you a minute? We know why Kirova hates Rose so much. That's why she will stay here and feel the pain she has caused maybe then she will begin to understand that the moroi can't always get what they want, just because they are moroi. But since there isn't a headmistress here anymore I was wondering if you knew of any dhampir women that would like the job? Preferably someone in their late thirties or early forties?"

I stood there and thought about it a moment then I had one of my best ideas ever. Dimitri hasn't recognized me yet, as it has been over ten years since we last saw each other. But this idea was going to make him almost as happy as he was making my baby girl.

"Yes, I know the perfect person, would you like me to contact her?"

"Yes please, can you do that now? Also, if it helps say that I am asking for her help, and that anyone she brings with her may have a job here and if there are any children they will be able to attend the academy free of charge."

I turn to leave, giving my daughter one last look before leaving the room. I'll only be gone a few minutes but I have already missed out on so much of her life that it nearly kills me to be away from her. But I know, even though she has just recently turned eighteen, my little girl is an adult and has been for a long time. She is ready for what lay ahead of her.