Chapter 9

(DPOV)

After we ate I made sure that Roza had her earpiece and there were guardians close by then walked outside to call Ivan. On the third ring he finally answered.

"Dimitri, dude is that really you?"

"Yes, Ivan it's me. I wanted to call and invite you to the coronation of the new Dhampir Queen and King. Each family must be represented and I don't know who they called from your family but I want YOU there. Will you do this for me?"

"Sure D I'll be there. Where and when?"

"Here at St. Vlad's one week from today."

"Ok I'll be there by Wednesday if that's ok"

"Yeah, Ivan that'll be great we'll have time to catch up, see you then bye."

I can't believe I didn't even have to tell him I was one of the one's being crowned to get him here. He must really miss me, ha ha ha. Next I try to call my family but can't get through, all I get is a message telling me the phone isn't working. But it is winter so maybe the phone lines are down I really wish they could be there. I'll try again later on after the ceremony. Using the bond, I look for Roza and I find her in the absolute last place I expect to. 

"Damn it."

Tapping my ear piece I call for some help. "Yuri, I need alpha team to meet me in the cells, Rose is down there with Tasha."

(RPOV)

While Dimitri talks to Ivan and his family I decide to go talk to Tasha. I walk up to her cell and she is just sitting there starring off into space, she doesn't even see me.

"Lady Ozera, how are you?"

"Bitch let me out of this cell and I'll show you how I am."

"Why do you hate me? You don't even know me?"

"I know all I need to know about you. You were sitting in the lap of another woman's man that makes you a slut, and that is enough for me to hate you."

"He's not your man. He is his own person, believe it or not Lincoln freed the slaves, a long time ago. No one owns anyone else anymore."

"I didn't say I own him, I said he's mine."

"Uh... what's the difference?"

"If you weren't a stupid, childish, fat, ugly little blood whore you'd know the difference."

"Insulting me isn't helping your case any. I'm trying to be as easy on you as I can since you are Chris's aunt."

"Don't call him that, the little bastard's name is Christian."

"How can you call him that he is your nephew."

"He ruined my life. Because of him I have this scare, because of him I spent the best years of my life alone, because of him Dimka refused to marry me. Everything bad in my life happened because of him. Then I come here and finally find my Dimka again, only to find a blood whore in his lap. Bitch when I get out of here you are so dead."

"Silence! I have had enough of you; I have tried to be nice to you. I know that you are unhappy about the situation, but Dimitri doesn't love you, he never has and he never will. There is nothing that you can offer him to make him love you. I came to tell you that your punishment for the threats you've made against my life, not once not twice but three times now, has been made. Dimitri, Chris, Lissa, and Adrian wanted you dead, I am the only one who held out for your life. One week from today you will be informed of your sentence, you won't like it but then you're not supposed to. I'm truly sorry we couldn't be friends if only for Chris's sake. Good-bye Ms. Ozera."