Chapter 13

After we woke up and ate the lunch that had magically appeared at our door, which I assumed was more of Dimitri and Lissa's little secret plan. But I didn't care how it happened as long as it did. As we ate our lunch we talked, told each other our hopes, dreams, nightmares, and deepest darkest fears and secrets. 

Mine about not being good enough to protect Lissa, and keep her safe while we were on our little 'vacation'. His about not being good enough to protect his charge, which he thought was going to be Lissa, funny how life turns out. We were both afraid of the same thing, for the same person. We continued to talk as Dimitri fed me strawberries some covered in whipped cream, some dipped in chocolate, some by themselves. 

Occasionally I would let the strawberry juice drip from my lips down my chin to my neck only to have Dimitri watch the path of the drop ever sooo closely. Once it reached a certain point he would lean over and catch it with his tongue and retrace its path back up to my lips, earning me a wonderfully passionate kiss, which was my goal all along.

"Dimitri, did you ever get in touch with your family?"

"No honey, when I tried I got a recording saying the line wasn't working. So I was thinking maybe since it's winter that maybe the lines are down. I really wanted them to be here. Maybe someone can record it and I'll be able to send them a copy."

"Oh baby, didn't I tell you that it's going to televised on the moroi news channel?"

"No Roza. You didn't tell me that." He said while laughing at me.

"I'm sorry, and I'm sorry that you can't get in touch with them. Maybe baba can send someone to them and bring them here."

"I guess it's worth a shot to ask, I hate to ask because he's already done so much for us. I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay him."

"You don't have to repay him. Did he ask for payment?"

"No, but I don't like to owe anyone anything."

"But if you look at it like that then you owe my mom and dad for having sex and making me." I said to him with a cheeky grin just before sticking my tongue out at him.

"Fine, silly girl." Kissing the tip of my nose he then said, "as you wish my love."

Out of nowhere Lissa picked just that moment to talk to us. "Hey guys can both of you hear me?"

"Yes." We both replied at the same time while throwing smiles at each other.

"Ok. Dimitri don't forget that the royal tailor is coming tomorrow for your fitting. RoRo you will also have your final fitting just to be sure that everything is the same. Also do you guys realize you shattered EVERY window on campus earlier today?" 

Dimitri and I looked at each other and fell over on the bed laughing, we just couldn't hold it in, it bubbled over and there was nothing that could stop it. Because we were so happy.

"Well... I guess we do now. I asked Dimitri earlier if he felt the earth move?" I said to Lissa while laughing at the look on Dimitri's face.

"And I told you, that yes I definitely felt the earth move. But I didn't realize that we broke every window on campus. I mean I knew we broke ours but not all of them."

"Hey Liss would you send teams out to the five-mile perimeter line and see if they can find out if there were any strigoi that were hit by the light? I'd like to know if there were and if so how many. I'm hoping that maybe it was some of the one's that are waiting to attack."

"Yea, I can do that RoRo. Have you feed yet?"

"Yea Dimitri feed me strawberries with whipped cream and dipped in chocolate, and we had some champagne. Plus, we ate that wonderful lunch you sent for us, why?"