Chapter 10

(TPOV)

After Rose and Dimitri received their marks, I walked over to them kissed each one the cheek and said, "you have both done this entire world a great service thank you so much. You are the Dhampir queen and king, you no longer need to be the protectors you are to be the protected. I know that there is no need to try to tell you to let your guardians fight for you should the need arise, because there's no way you'll let that happen. They will fight, but I know that you will both be right there beside them fighting just as hard if not harder. I am so proud of you both, now everyone kneel to the dhampir queen and king."

(DPOV)

After aunt Tati's speech everyone was on their knees and I could tell the royal moroi didn't like it but they'd have to get used to. I need to talk to Lissa and figure out a way to get the ring I want for Rose and get it here by Saturday. Then I heard Queen Rose say, "rise" I had forgotten to do that again, there is so much for me to learn. After everyone left I could see in my Roza's eyes that she was near to collapsing from exhaustion. Putting my arm around her waist I led her to her friends and family to say good night.

"Lissa can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked her while Roza said goodnight to everyone else.

"What's up Dimitri? Don't worry everything will be ready and waiting after breakfast."

"Thanks but that's not what this is about. I have a problem I have no ring for Rose and I don't know how to afford the one I want for her. Rose said that we have money but I don't know how to access it."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. With everything going on, I completely forgot to give you your cards, they are in my room. I'll give them to you tomorrow. None of them have a spending limit so you could spend millions of dollars on each one and never have to worry about it. They are paid off each month by the royal coffers."

"Alright thanks. Now how do I go about getting the ring that's in my head made and here by Saturday?"

"Oh that's easy. Tell me what you want it to look like and I'll contact the court jeweler and have him make it and be sure to have it here on time."

"Once again Lissa you are a life saver. I want it of the best silver there is, that way it can be charmed to deal with the ghosts, I want a three carat pear shaped red diamond (yes there really are red diamonds, I'm a jewelry designer and creator so I know.) as the center stone, but only the absolute best for my Roza. I want the red diamond surrounded by round one cart white diamonds. Then I want a half cart royal blue sapphire on one side in the shape of a heart and on the other side an aquamarine also in the same shape and size of the sapphire."

"God Dimitri that will be so beautiful. Did you know that the aquamarine is Rose's birthstone?"

"Yes, that's why I chose it, the sapphire is mine. Oh and the filigree work under the stones on the sides I want hearts of every possible size on both sides." (I made this ring up in my head)

"And you thought that you weren't romantic, huh. Dimitri you put other men to shame. Don't worry it will be here, perfect and on time. I'll get them to charm it there and when it arrives, Addie and I will add our magic to it then after you give it to Rose she can add hers and it'll be perfect."

After our conversation I was feeling better about everything, except how tired my Roza is. But we are going to fix the immediate problem right now by getting her some sleep and tomorrow we would fix the other problem.

"Roza, come on honey it's bedtime for you my love." 

I lifted her in my arms again and carried her to our room. Bless her heart she's so tired she couldn't even change her clothes so I removed her shoes, jeans and top shirt. Leaving her to sleep in her tank top and panties. I undress and lay down next to her already sleeping body.