Chapter 29

"Uh oh, I better feed my family. Thank you everyone please see that everything gets done well and as soon as possible. We need to be ready as soon as possible just in case they decide to move up the attack date. We also need to keep this between us I don't know what excuse to give everyone for letting school out."

"Thanksgiving break is next week; we can just say that we have decided to extend it this year."

I nodded and led my Roza to our room to fix her something to eat. Over the next two weeks all the preparations were made for the attack. By the end of the second week everything was ready we were putting off filling the moat until the last possible moment. Roza came up with the idea of adding another moat hopefully catching as many strigoi as possible between the two of them before lighting them up. Damn, my woman is an absolute genius.

(RPOV)

I had allowed my mother to stay two weeks instead of a week and a half because she wanted to see everything once it was finished. But today was the day she was leaving she wasn't at all happy about it. But she was going even if I had to have someone carry her onto the jet kicking and screaming and strap her in.

"Mason, Eddie I need you both to go with my mom and take care of her and my little brother until they can return."

"Rose we are your guardians we are supposed to be with you at all times." Mason complained.

"Guys, I can't concentrate on what I need to do if I am worried about them. And if I can't concentrate I will be in even greater danger. Please as my big brothers I need you to take care of my mom and my little brother." I begged them.

Neither of them wanted to leave me and I knew that. But they also knew that if I was worried about my mom and Markham I would not be able to be as focused on the task at hand as I needed to be. So eventually they agreed.

"Alright Rosie but you better be ok when this is all over." Eddie said.

"Thank you guys." We hugged and they escorted my still fuming mother to the jet after she too hugged me.

Her last parting words were to Dimitri, "you better take damn good care of my baby, Dimitri."

"I will Janine, I have to because I can't and won't live without her." Dimitri wrapped his arms around my waist from behind rubbing the bump that was our daughter as the jet took off. "You sent them with your mom to protect them didn't you?"

Sighing I leaned my head back into his chest before I answered his accusation. "Yes, they don't need to know what a kill feels like unless and until absolutely necessary. And I want to delay that for them as long as I can. All the guardians present already know how horrific a feeling it is but Mase and Eddie are still novices. And I want to put off their having these nightmares as long as possible."

"I understand completely babe. I wish you didn't have all of those kills to live with. But if you didn't there is no telling how many millions of dhampir, moroi and humans would be dead or turned by now."

"Mmm hmm, but I have you to help me through the pain just as you have me. Neither of them have that. I mean they both have met their soul mates, finally. But their soul mates are both moroi so they wouldn't know how to help them through something like that. Plus, they are still feeling their way through those relationships. They are just still so young so innocent Dimitri and I want them to stay that way for as long as they can."

"I know babe, I know. Don't worry I completely understand and agree. Even though they are pretty much the same age as you they are still children, whereas you are an adult. You've had to be an adult for much longer than you should have been. I am just glad Vika and Paul will hopefully never have to know what it feels like to make a kill."