Chapter 21

"Well Vika with you being my sister and possibly away from a warded area you would have four guardians just like Addie will."

"I can take care of myself." She gruffed.

I opened my mouth to answer but was cut off by Addie. "Vik please don't be upset, Dimitri is just trying to look out for you. Do this for me if for no other reason." I watched as they looked at each other I saw Vika's face soften before she nodded.

"Alright Dimka, but if I go to college what will I go for and who will be your assistant?"

"Go for whatever you wish, and I can always get an assistant if I need one..."

"As long as it's a straight guy. I would hate to have to commit the murder of some flirty slut although I would do it without batting an eye." Roza put her two cents in and again everyone was in hysterics. But we all knew that she would do it.

"Yes, Roza." I said knowing I wasn't going to win this argument not that I cared in the least. "As for what to go to college for, what is your biggest interest aside from being a guardian?"

"Well I actually like art, so I guess I could be an art historian or curator, something along those lines."

"That's great Vik, I went to college majoring in art as well, I love to paint." Addie told her. There was something else they shared. Looking into Roza's eyes I smiled.

"So see, you can go to whatever college you wish, together." Roza supplied putting a little extra emphasis on together. I could see the excitement and joy radiating off of both Vika and Addie.

"Ok, so what's next?"

"RoRo there are only people in here that we trust now. So this may be the best time to tell them what happened." 

Roza's shoulders slumped at the thought of having to relive what Lissa was talking about. She curled into me for a moment I gently swept my hands up and down her back. Offering her whatever comfort that I could, after a brief kiss she pulled herself up. Both figuratively and physically.

"Baba has this office been swept for bugs?" 

I had never even thought of that, my Roza is so smart it's truly amazing that she is only eighteen.

"No, but Pavel can do it really quick." Abe answered. Giving Pavel the nod to check for listening devices then the sweep began. It took about five minutes and came up empty. "Everything is fine Rose; go ahead with what you were going to say."

"When I was 12..." She stopped her story to take a deep breathe. I took both her hands in one of mine to give her the comfort and support that I knew she would needed. 

"When I was 12 I was attacked and held hostage for about eight hours. I was beat repeatedly I sustained three broken ribs and a minor concussion..."

"Rose you didn't tell me that part." Lissa exclaimed. "Oh God, it was that day wasn't it? That day we went to the mall, dinner and the movies and you stayed behind, the day you said that you fell down the back stairs?" Roza nodded. "That son of a bitch..."

"Liss calm down I can't do this if you get upset."

"I'm sorry RoRo it's just, while we were out having fun you were being tortured by that bastard God if he wasn't dead..." 

Lissa was so upset she couldn't even talk anymore. I watched as Chris wrapped her in his arms and laid her head on his chest as she cried.

"As I said, I had three broken ribs and a minor concussion and yes I told Lissa and her family that I had fallen down the stairs. Because he told me that if I ever told them what really happened that he would do to Lissa and Rhea what he had tried to do to me before he killed all five of us." Again she paused taking a deep shaky breath.