Chapter 15

(APOV) Abe

I hung up the phone after I finished my conversation with my little girl and turned to Janine.

"Janine, Dimitri's family will be here Wednesday. Their plane will arrive a few hours before Dimitri's new guardians and Ivan. We are not going to tell anyone who they are and in that few hours they should have time to get settled in. Both in their new home and new jobs and schooling. After Dimitri's friends arrive we, you and me as well as Rose and Dimitri, will escort them to the new headmistress's office where everyone will meet his family."

"Abe why did you and Tati deiced on Dimitri's mother for the position as headmistress? It's always been a moroi."

"Because the moroi world is becoming more and more corrupt with each passing day as you well know. And we thought that since there is a dhampir royal family then other positions of power should also be held by dhampirs as well and not just as guardians. Plus, with Dimitri being king someone could use his family to get to Rose and Dimitri in some way. And with them here with all of these guardian's no one will be able to get to any of them."

"But following your logic someone could try to get to us and use us against them."

"That is why I bought us a house at court and why Rose wanted you to have guardians of your own. With my guardians and the guardians at court no one could get to us either."

"What about Turkey being your home base of business?"

"My home is wherever you and my daughter are. As for my business, I'll still run things just from court and Rudolf will be the hands on the ground in Turkey for me."

"You've thought of everything haven't you?"

"Well I still have a few details to work but other than that yes I admit I have done the best I can to ensure the health, well-being, and happiness of my family."

"I love you, Abe."

"As I love you my beautiful Janine. Let's get some sleep."

"Goodnight dear."

"Goodnight my love."

(JPOV)

I love Abe so much and I love being with him all the time. If only he'd get up the nerve to ask me to marry him again. I know I said no last time but I was afraid he had only asked because I was pregnant with Rose. And I didn't want him to marry me because I was pregnant I wanted him to want to marry me because he loves me.

(RPOV) the next day

I never knew windows kept so much light out but apparently the one's in the royal suite's do. As soon as the moonlight came in the window and hit me dead in my eyes I was wide awake. But since I was between Dimitri and the windowless hole it didn't bother him. Which is fine I need some time to myself to think. Dimitri didn't seem at all bothered by the fact that I now had to feed from him, he did seem to enjoy it quite a bit actually. I know that he loves me as much as I love him. 

I'm just worried about him when he finds out the total of strigoi in the caves he's going to be worried about me even more. Turns out they had picked up even more than they expected the final count is 1,995. I don't know if I'll have enough power to kill that many on my own and I hate putting Dimitri in harm's way. But like he said we needed to have NO secrets between us. I'll let him sleep as long as he can and when he wakes I'll tell him what's going on. 

Just then I hear a slight knock at the door since it's 9:00 am. Pm for humans. I figure it must be breakfast. I get up and put my robe on to answer the door I wonder where Dimitri got this robe. Opening the door I see the food cart sitting in front of the door with a note from Lissa on top of the food containers.