Chapter 27

(RPOV)

After we got showered and dressed we went to meet Lissa and Chris to start our preparations for the ball. After going through everything we went through the night before we had a couple of hours to relax before getting dressed. So we got comfortable on the sofas again.

"Rose have you decided which dress you are going to wear?"

"Yea, I'm going to wear the royal blue mermaid dress, with the gold applique lace, cap strap sleeveless one."

"Isn't that the one with the zipper up the side instead of in back?"

"Yes."

"It is a beautiful dress and it looks amazing on you. What about shoes?"

"The diamond encrusted sling back pumps. What about you?"

"I'm going to wear the lavender mermaid with the V-neck, bead and sequin and sweep train, and the cap straps. As for shoes I have some like yours only the same color as my dress."

"That's good. I really liked that dress on you, you looked like a princess but now you'll look like a queen." All four of us laughed.

I lay my legs across Dimitri's lap and he began to caress my calves and feet. I knew he was doing it because he knew by the end of the night my feet were going to be killing me. My future husband is such a wonderful man and he will make such a great father.

My sighing caught Dimitri's attention. "Why the sigh my love?"

"I was just thinking."

(DPOV)

"I was just thinking." She said shyly.

"What were you thinking about milaya?"

"I was thinking about what a magnificent father you will make. I just hope I will make half as good a mother as you do a father."

"Babe, you will be the best mother in the world. Our children will be so lucky to have you as their mother."

"Dimitri, I didn't have my actual mother until two years ago. Up until then Alberta was my mother, and she still is, but now I also have my birth mother. So I don't really know how to raise a child."

"I have never had a father Roza, so does that mean I am going to be a bad father?"

"No! Of course not. You will be great, you will be the best father any child could hope for."

"So if my not having a father doesn't mean I will be a bad father. Then why would not having Janine mean you will be a bad mother?"

"I guess it doesn't I am just scared I won't be good enough for our children." She sighed again. "I want to be a mother to our children like your mother was to you and your sisters."

"Now see, that right there proves that you will be that type of mother."

"What do you mean?"

"You will be like my mother because that is the type of mother that you want to be. I don't want to be like my father, so I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that I am nothing like him ever. I know you know the things that bastard did to us and I could not live with myself if I became anything like him."

"Like I said, you are such a wonderful man a fantastic husband to be and you will make a magnificent father." 

I chuckled at her before I kissed her gently. The four of us continued to sit there and talk until it was time to get dressed this time Roza and I used one side of the room while Lissa and Christian used the other.