Chapter 23

"I love you so much Comrade. I wish I had the words to express the depths of my love for you."

"What you just said was perfect love just like you. Now let's get your cloak back on before I shove you against the nearest wall and make wild crazy love to you." 

This time we both laughed as he helped me with my cloak. Then we went back to our original section of the room. Where Lissa and Chris already were.

She smiled at me a knowing smile. "Did I pull you in?"

"Yes. Dimitri that was beautiful by the way. No guy has ever treated Roe with the love, honor, dignity and respect that she deserves."

"She is my goddess I could never do any less." He said as he looked at me and stroked my cheek gently.

(APOV) Alberta

I watched as all the royals entered the meeting hall, with their guardians in tow. Also here were a big number of non-royals which was good. I know Rose, Dimitri, Lissa and Chris will not discriminate between any of our races. So it's good to have each one represented here tonight. Once everyone was inside and seated I stepped up to the microphone.

"Good evening ladies, gentlemen, students, faculty, staff and guardians. Tonight is a very important night for our society soon you will find out why. But first I must ask that anyone here with a child under the age of fifteen, present, please raise your hands." 

As hands went up I motioned for the volunteers to begin. "You will notice men and women walking among you handing out blindfolds. At a certain point you will be asked to blindfold your children, there is a video that is going to be shown, that those children are too young to witness. Which is the reason behind the blindfolds you are being given. As some of you may or may not know, a few days ago we were attacked. And when I say attacked, I mean we were attacked on a massive scale. We were attacked by 1,995 strigoi. But thanks to two amazing people no lives were lost no one was injured and no one was in any danger. These two people met the strigoi at the wards and they didn't let them pass. These two dhampir killed every last one of the strigoi alone." 

I heard gasps and murmurs pass throughout the building, holding up my hand I asked for silence. "Yes it is possible, the whole thing was recorded and we are about to show it to you thus the blindfolds. On the video the dhampir have been blurred, as to not further endanger them and their loved ones. So please do not ask who they are because no one will ever be told. I will stop the video when you need to blindfold your children. Students, if you are here without a parent or guardian and are under fifteen I instruct you to put your blindfolds on at the same time. If you are seen without it you will receive a month's detention. Lower the lights please." 

As soon as the lights were out I started the video. As it progressed I heard whispers of needing to find the two responsible and run tests on them and many more ludicrous thoughts. Yeah right, if they really expect that to happen they are dreaming. 

Stopping the video, I said, "now is time for the blindfolds." I gave them five minutes to do as instructed before finishing the video. After it was over there was a standing ovation for the two responsible.

I heard one royal yell, "who are they? We need to run tests on them to see why they can do that. Maybe we can replicate it in other dhampir. That way we royals would be even more protected."

"As I said before no one will ever be told who they are, those that did know have had their memories wiped by the two responsible for saving us all. Just be glad that your children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren are safe." 

After that it quieted back down. 

"For those of you who are unaware Ellen Kirova is no longer headmistress here. She was fired by Queen Tatiana herself for theft and mistreating students. So I am going to introduce you to the new headmistress, Headmistress Olena Belikova. Headmistress please come say a few words."