Prologue

Hi guys!

So I had been thinking about uploading this story for a while and finally decided to just do it. I have been watching Bondi rescue for years, and always loved it, for the past two years I have been struggling with mental health issues and writing helps me cope in some ways.

Firstly disclaimer:
I do not own Bondi rescue or any of the lifguards. I do however own the main character, her family and the plot.

The main characters name is Margo, she is suffering from Anxiety (just like me).  She lives with her two older brothers. Both her parents died when she was young. But all that will be explained further in the story.

I am trying to keep all the medical information about anxiety and anything else accurate but if I make an obvious mistake, I apologize and if you do have the information feel free to let me know!

So here is the prologue:

Margo would never forget the way she felt after hearing the news. That devastating phone call that turned her world upside down. She was young, most said to young to understand what was really going on, but she knew. Margo knew what the phone call meant and she knew the consequences. Growing up with two older brothers wasn't easy but it caused her to be more mature, and maybe in some ways more prepared for what was to come. Her mother had never been the most emotionally stable, especially with the constant fears of her father's missions. You see Margo's dad was a marine and he spent most of her childhood overseas. First fighting the vietnam war and later stationed in Afghanistan. Every time he was away the entire family had a fear deep down that maybe this mission was his last one. Margo didn't see much of her mom when her dad was gone. her two older borther Will & Jai practically raised her. Picking her up from school, making her food and tucking her in at night.

Margo would be lying however if she said she wasn't devastated when they got the call. However deep down she knew it was inevitable, she had known since she was 4 years old that they would get that phone call one day. The only thing she could hope for was that he was still alive when they called, but of course that was not what happened. Margo was 8 years old when they called, it was late at night but she was still awake. She had woken up to the sound of the phone ringing in the living room.  She had stayed in bed at first thinking it was probably a friend of her moms or one of her brothers. After a few minutes however, she heard a strangled cry coming from what she thought to be her mother and a loud curse, followed by a crashing sound. Curious and slightly worried Margo had made her way downstairs only to find her mother sobbing on the floor. Jai was sitting next to her trying to confort her while Will was holding the phone in his clenched fist. Will was white as the wall behind him and for a few seconds he seemed frozen, then he screamed and threw the phone against the wall where it shattered in pieces making Margo flinch and take a step backwards. Will turned around at the sound, and quickly ran towards her scooping her up in a hug. None of them spoke but they all knew what the other was feeling. Even tough nobody had confirmed it to Margo, she knew her father  was gone. She looked up at Will tears in her eyes "He's dead isn't he?" she asked looking in to his tearfull eyes, Will only nodded before burying his face in her hair. She hid in the crook of his neck and cried silently untill she fell asleep.

She didn't cry after that. Not when her father's body came back, the australian flag covering it, nor at his funeral when they fired their guns. She didn't cry when her mother was given the flag with his name on it, or when the first load of sand hit his coffin and she especially didn't cry when 4 days after his funeral her mother was given a medal of valor in his honor. Her father had saved dozens of people out of a hospital after it was bombed. Getting killed when they came back and dropped another set of bombs on the building. For 2 years Margo didn't shed a single tear, no matter what happened or in how much pain she was. No she saved the tears for the truly heart braking moments, the moment when you lose a loved one. It was 2 years before Margo cried and even then it was hard for her to cry, afterwards she guessed that the main reason she cried was because that was exepcted from her, not because she so desperatly wanted to cry. Margo was ten when her mother passed away, she had been unable to get past her husband's los and fell in a deep depression. She often spend days in bed drousy of drugs and lack of sleep. Lately however she had been doing lots better, spending most of her time in the kitchen and actually cooking for once, but all that changed when Margo came home from school one day. She was alone, Will was working and Jai was out surfing. Everything seemed fine untill she walked inside the kitchen, as soon as she opened the door she smelled the irony smell of blood. Cautiously she walked into the kitchen, what she saw there would give her nightmares for the rest of her life. She screamed as she laid eyes on her mother. She was laying in a pool of her own blood, wrists slid in several places. Shaking she called 000 and after that Will. Jai got home just after the ambulance had arrived, however they where too late and declared her mother dead. Shaking she fell into her brothers arms, who was staring blankly ahead at his mother's retreating body. The ambulance was just about to leave when Will got home, being the oldest he had to go to the hospital later to sign some papers. Margo also had to sign some forms as she had been the one to find her.  She nodded still numb, the fact that she was now an orphan hadn't fully registered yet. Luckily for her Will was 20 so he would get custody of her and Jai. Atleast this way they didn't have to go to an orphanage or in to foster care.

So yeah, Margo wasn't a girl of many words or tears for that matter. After her moms funeral she hadn't shed a single tear not even when they called to tell that Will had been shot. She wanted to but she promised herself that she would reserve her tears to when he was really dead. He wasn't ofcourse, Will would always say he was like bad weeds no matter how hard you tried to get rid of it they would always come back. The three siblings had gotten even closer then before, especially after moving to the united states. Margo never had been good at making friends so she stuck to her brothers, especially Jai. But after spending 5 years in the states, she was finally back were it all started. The place where she was born and grew up. This place held a lot of good memories like the first time she went surfing, or the first pet she ever got, but also bad things like of course her parents passing away. But now Margo had finished high school and was determined to start over in Sydney. Make some new friends and choose a good course she wanted to study.

Things however never seemed to happen the way she planned them, allthough this time for once they didn't all fail and she got better oportunities then she expected. She was still of course suffering with anxiety, PTSD and insomnia but who wouldn't after seeing all the things she had seen? They sometimes say that life's up and downs are like a roller coaster. Margo guessed that for her it was true, no mather how far it seemede she was falling down, she would always go back up, and vice versa. she just hoped that the climb could be a little longer this time, but when had the universe ever listened to her?

AN: I hope you liked it! I will upload chapter one in a few days maybe a week. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Once again, I do not own Bondi Rescue I only own Margo, Jai,Will, the plot and any other characters I make up.