Chapter 3:

AN: Hey guys! Here is chapter 3 sorry for the wait I had some personal matter I had to deal with. Hope you enjoy and please vote. Constructive criticism is alway welcome as well. Excuse any spelling mistakes English is not my mother tongue.

Margo sighed as she left the airport. She had just said goodbye to Jai, the last week with him in Sydney had flown by way too quickly. It was only 5:30 AM but she was wide awake. She wasn't feeling as anxious as before which was good, although you never knew when things turned back around. After deciding that going back to bed was useless, she left her things at home and walked to Bondi to go for a run. She loved the beach and running early in the morning with no one there was the perfect start of her day. She smiled as she stepped on to the beach, it was 6:30 and apart from a few joggers and 2 lifeguards setting up the beach was empty. She put her things close to the lifeguard tower and started jogging. It went a bit slowly with her leg but she did it anyway. When she passed the two lifeguards she heard one of them calling her name. Margo stopped and turned around looking at them. She soon realized it was Maxi waving at her smiling enthusiastically. She smiled and walked over. "Hey Maxi." She said once she reached them "Hey Margo, what are you doing here this early?" he asked. The other lifeguard looked confused. "Oh Margo, this is Matt Dee, Matt she's the girl I was telling you about earlier." Maxi said as Matt's face lit up in recognition. " Oh she's the girl with..." then he stopped looking at her cautiously. "With anxiety? Yep that's me." Margo said shrugging. Matt smiled apologetically. "So what are you doing here this early?" Maxi asked once again. "Jai left for Hawaii this morning, I just got back from the airport and wasn't tired anymore so I decided to go for a run. Besides, Bondi is much nicer without all the people." Margo explained, laughing at the last part. "So you're on your own right until Will get's back?" Maxi asked getting serious. "Yeah, he gets back in about 4 weeks, I think." Margo answered looking at the sand on her feet. "But please, don't tell anyone, my brothers will get in trouble." She quickly added. "What about your parents? Aren't they home?" Matt asked. Margo sighed before looking up and saying "They died when I was little, my brothers have been taking care of me ever since." Matt got a sad look on his face but he didn't look at her with pity, something that barely ever happened. "I'm sorry, I know what it feels like to lose someone you love." Margo smiled up at him slightly blinking back tears. "If you ever need help, or just want to talk to someone just give me a call, no matter what time." Matt said after a moment of silence giving her a piece of paper with his phone number. "Thank you." She smiled. After helping Maxi and Matt set up the beach, she was about to leave when Maxi said " I've got tomorrow afternoon of how about you meet me here at 1 o'clock and we can go and have lunch together, like that you're not alone all the time." Margo smiled even bigger and nodded before walking off the beach, turning around one last time to wave at Maxi & Matt Dee. She put her headphones in and started the short walk back to her house, the one that would feel incredibly empty for the next 4 weeks or longer. She could only hope time would pass quickly.

Matt's pov,

Matt looked at Margo's retreating figure, still slightly shocked about what she said. "I see Margo has left a mark on you?" Maxi said clapping him on the back, chuckling. "Yeah do you know her entire story?" he asked hesitatingly. "Yeah, but it's not my place to tell, she will tell you eventually if she trusts you." Maxi answered, driving back towards the tower in the rhino. She nodded and sighed "I just don't get how she can be so bubbly after losing so much." I added after a minute or two "Me neither mate, guess we'll never know." Maxi shrugged ending our conversation. It was a quiet day, which left Matt with enough time to think about Margo. She appeared so strong on the outside but he knew what she must be feeling on the inside.

Matt was about to ask Maxi for Margo's number when he heard his phone, signalling he had a new message. He checked if someone else was watching the water before getting his phone and unlocking it.