Chapter 27:

AN: Hey guys, sorry for the long wait, I was busy with mid-terms and other assignments and then the whole Corona virus thing happened and I was forced to return back home to Spain from Ireland where I was studying. But now that I am home and don't have to go to any classes, and all my training is canceled  I have more time than ever to write, so hopefully I can update faster. Anyway I hope you enjoy and please vote and comment :)

It was results day and Margo couldn't be more nervous, despite being happy and in a good place right now, she was still nervous about what course she had got admitted to, if any at all. She stretched and looked at her phone as soon as she sat up, smiling when she saw that Harrison had texted her. They were taking it slow but now he had gotten over his initial insecurities and fear he was amazing, anytime she was nervous about something she would text him and he would answer as fast as he could, calling if it looked very bad. Opening her curtains she smiled as it was once again a beautiful day outside, deciding she would go to the beach after she had checked her results, no matter what they were, she quickly got dressed into a skirt and a top before tying her hair up and putting on some converse. She walked downstairs and sighed when she smelled the distinct sent of burned toast and eggs. Shaking her head she quickly made her way into the kitchen to save the food that Jesse had discarded. She looked around and saw him talking on the phone and frowning, pacing back and forward slowly. His concussion and ribs had healed well and he would be ready to return to work in about a week or so. She shook her head at him jokingly while she cleaned up his mess and prepared some more breakfast for the both of them. Jesse finished his phone call a few minutes later just as Margo was plating breakfast and putting it on the breakfast bar together with some coffee and tea. Jesse sighed and smiled sheepishly at her when he sat at the table "sorry, it was Hoppo, he needs me to come in today as its looking to get very busy." He explained Margo looked up from her breakfast to stay at him "what but you're not supposed to go back to work yet, what will he make you do?" She asked instantly worried "I know thats what I told him but he said I would just be doing tower duties, they just need an extra set of eyes and hands you know, just in case." He explained, Margo nodded instantly relaxing and continuing her breakfast "good, I don't want you to get hurt again you know." She explained shaking her head slightly trying to rid herself from her nerves. 'I know Mar, I get it, I told Hoppo the same thing when he first called me and he agreed I would just be doing light tower duties and if the day got quieter I could go home." He explained further. Margo nodded grabbing her laptop when she heard her phone ping, knowing this was the email with her results. She exhaled nervously, hands shaking slightly as she put in her information on the website and waited for it to load. Jesse noticed her nerves and grabbed a hold of her hand "hey, it's going to be okay. It doesn't matter what you get into okay? Your brothers and I will be proud no matter what." He said trying to reassure her while she absentmindedly nodded. She sighed once more before she looked back at the screen, blinking and then smiling a little sadly. "And?" Jesse asked "Did you get in?" Margo looked at him and shook her head "I didn't get in to Criminology but I got into English and creative writing, my second choice." She explained. "That's okay right? I mean I know you really wanted criminology but hey English is still great and you got into uni, something that many people can't say. People like me." Jesse said trying to cheer her up "I know, and I'm happy honestly but I guess I'm just a little disappointed, I thought my exams went better but I guess it just wasn't good enough." She shrugged and closed her laptop walking out of the kitchen quickly and making her way to her room.

She grabbed her phone and hit the call button, calling Harrison before she could regret it. She sniffed, a bit more disappointed than she let on, and wiped away the few tears that were falling down her cheek. Harrison picked up almost instantly a smile in his voice just as he always did. "Hey Mar, did you get your results yet?" He asked holding his breath to wait for her answer " I uh... got into English and Creative writing, which was my second choice." "That's great Margo! I am so proud of you. But hey you know its okay to be sad right? Hell you can even cry about it, which I know you are doing right now." He answered hearing her sniffles through the phone. "I know, I am really happy that I got in to uni in the first place and come to think of it I might even like this course better, I juts had this idea that I wanted to help people and I guess I thought the only way I could do that was by studying criminology." Margo shrugged although Harrison couldn't see it. "Yeah but hey you can still help people with English and writing, maybe you can write a book or something. Your blog is already doing great right? I mean you are getting more and more messages from people all over the world that read it and are inspired." Margo hummed drying her tears and sighing happily "I guess you're right, I got to go, Jess is going back to work today and I need to actually accept my position at the university." She said laughing a little "No problem, I'll look after Jesse for you, I'm working as well." They quickly said their goodbyes before hanging up. Margo sighed again and made her way back downstairs where Jesse was cleaning up breakfast. "You okay Mar?" He asked as he saw her walk in, she nodded smiling at him "fine, just wanted to call Harrison to let him know, he asked me to do so earlier. He told me he would be working as well, so he's going to make sure you don't do anything stupid, like go out in the water." She crossed her arms as she said the last sentence looking at him, almost daring him to disagree with her. Jesse sighed and shook his head at her behaviour but agreed nonetheless. "If you get really busy let me know and I will come by and get you some lunch, just text me to let me know. I was planning on going to the beach anyway." Margo said as she looked at the clock and new Jesse would have to leave and didn't have enough time to make himself some lunch. Jesse nodded grateful before he rushed out of the kitchen to get ready and drive to work. Margo shook her head, laughing at Jesse and his antics of always being almost late. She cleaned up the rest of breakfast and looked in the fridge and pantry to see what they needed, food was running low so she decided to do some grocery shopping before heading to the beach.