Chapter 20:

AN: Hey guys! I am finally back after more than a month, and I am incredibly sorry! I was really busy and went on holiday a couple of times and was also working multiple jobs. Above that I was suffering  from terrible writers block and absolutely hated this chapter. I think I rewrote it about 5 times and I am still not really happy with it but oh well, so be it. I am starting university tomorrow so I will be able to update more as I am back in my apartment and not moving between two houses, and have a better shedule than in the summer. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy! Also let me know in the comments if you would rather have more updates but shorter chapters or longer chapters and fewer updates (as in once a week or once every 2/3 weeks).

Harrison looked down at the ground and slowly nodded "It was wrong, I know but I just didn't know what to do and I didn't want to hurt her even more so I thought that ending it now, before we had properly started anything was easier and less hurtful than ending it further along the way, I never wanted to hurt her but I just couldn't help it, I'm an idiot I know but I just didn't know what else to do. Hearing her have that panic attack scared me, more then I want to admit and I just don't know if I would be able to help her and I don't want to let her down or hurt her more so I thought this was just easier you know?" He explained hurriedly, Hoppo's expression softened before hardening again " I get why you did it, wait no scrap that I really don't but that doesn't matter. You messed up and now it is up to you to fix it. We are all very fond of Margo and hate to see her suffer, so you will come up with a plan to make it up to her. However that plan must wait as we have work to do, and for everybody's safety I will keep you an Jesse separated for the day but I want no arguments or fights during work, you must act like the professionals we all are. And until you fix this I want nothing to do with it, you won't get any help or sympathy from me if you mess up again. Now go." Hoppo's word were resolute and left no place for argument so the rest of the day Jesse and Harrison worked and ignored each other. Luckily for the both of them it was a very busy day and they were kept busy on their ends of the beach, Harrison was stationed at the north end and Jesse was at backpackers and later the tower. After pack up Jesse left quickly not wanting to cause another scene or argue even more with Harrison. He decided that Hoppo or Maxi should talk some sense in to him and deal with it as he had no patience. As soon as Jesse walked into the house he wished he had hit Harrison, the sight that greeted him was heartbreaking. Margo was curled up on the sofa, a blanket around her and Toby laying at her feet. The tv was on and she was absentmindedly watching an episode of Teen Wolf, while silent tears streamed down her face "Hey Mar, how are you doing?" He asked softly, sitting down next to her. Margo looked at him and shrugged "Okay I guess, a little hurt but not at all surprised. I'm just having a bit of a hard time right now." She answered Jess nodded and pulled her into a hug "I get it Mar, don't worry but, and I can't believe I am saying this, but I think you should talk to Harrison and clear the air because I think he didn't mean what he said, don't get me wrong I hate him right now but what I overheard him say to Hoppo is that he broke it of because he was scared. I get if you don't want to talk to him today or even tomorrow but maybe soon you should talk to him just to clear the air, you don't have to go back to being friends or anything just you know so the two of you can be in the same room without fighting." Margo looked super offended at first but then she sighed and nodded "I get what you mean but I'm not going to get hurt again Jesse no matter what you or any of the other lifeguards say and think. I have thought about this a long time and I have always put other people first, I know that its wrong but I can't help it and I am just so tired of it all. No matter what I do, I always end up getting hurt and I just, it just hurts so much." Margo was crying again as she held on to Jesse as if her life depended on it. Jesse got tears in his eyes, once again he was amazed by the things this girl had been through and was still going through. He knew she mostly missed her parents and brothers and just wanted to talk to her brothers and have them help her with her problems. After Margo calmed down Jesse excused himself to his room where he decided to call Jai and explain everything to him. Jess knew it might be dangerous especially for Harrison but Margo needed her big brothers and if he was honest, Jesse didn't really know how to handle these kind of situations. After a short call with Jai were he seemed very angry and worried, although not with Jesse, they had decided to not tell Margo Jai was coming home. He had planned on attending a couple of surfing competition and exhibitions in Sydney in a week or two but they ultimately agreed he should come home as soon as possible. Jesse was very worried about Margo as she seemed more down than usual. Normally she would be sad for a while but hanging out with Cole or having Toby was enough to get her back to be semi normal but now even going to the beach was not enough. She had been walking around like a robot for the past couple of days, she didn't really eat or drink and tears would stream down her face at random moments. All the lifeguards were worried but none as much as Jesse and Harrison. Harrison had tried to call her multiple times but she had blocked his number. It was three days after their "argument" when Harrison had plucked up enough courage to go over to her house and try to talk to her. He was a nervous wreck but knew that he owed her a proper explanation, the fact that Jesse was at work comforted him a bit.