Chapter 6:

First of sorry for the long wait between chapters I was busy and had writers block...

Secondly, Thank you guys sooooooooo much for 1k reads, I saw it this morning and was like WHAT?? I didn't really expect many people to read it so to get 1000 reads is amazing! 

Anxious, that's how Margo felt. She hated these days when she felt so anxious all she really wanted to do was stay in bed because she felt sick and anxious for no reason. She was supposed to spend the day with Matt, Maxi and Jesse but was really considering to cancel. Jai and Will where still away so Maxi,Matt and Jesse had made it their mission to look after her. She got along with all lifeguards but especially liked these 3. Margo sighed as she heard the doorbell, once again she had gotten lost in her own thoughts. She opened the door and tried to smile brightly, hoping they would buy it. Maxi smiled back and bounded over giving her a bear hug Jesse and Matt where a little more cautious being able to look past her smile. "Let's go to the beach." Maxi shouted excitedly singing Nicki Minaj. Margo smiled and followed the men out the doors giving Matt a reassuring look.

While surfing Margo had been able to suppress her anxiety, something that tended to happen when she was doing something she loved, but when she went to leave the water she stumbled feeling dizzy. She shook her head trying to clear her head and control her breathing before getting back on her board planning to catch a wave back in. This didn't go exactly according to plan as she got cut of by an inexperienced surfer who rammed his board in to hers causing her to fall of. When he resurfaced she had about 3 seconds to catch her breath when she felt something hard hit her in the head and everything went black.

Matt's pov

Matt had been watching Margo the entire morning feeling quite worried about her, he had a feeling she was hiding something from them. He had finished surfing and just sat observing her when he saw her stumble. He was about to jump in the water when she shook her head and paddled to catch a wave. She got up but was quickly cut of by another surfer causing her to fall off and disappear underwater. She resurfaced a few seconds later only to get hit by another surfboard, she closed her eyes and slowly disappeared underwater. Matt ran towards where he saw her sink, shouting for Maxi or Jesse to help him. In no time he reached her board only to realize her ankle strap had broken causing him to have to dive down and retrieve her slowly sinking body. As soon as he resurfaced he laid her on her board and looked for a pulse, he was relieved when he found a pulse even if it was weak. She had a big gash on her forehead that was bleeding heavily and she was unconscious. Maxi, Jesse and another lifeguard, Bacon Matt would find out later, joined them and carefully put her on the rescue board before paddling her in. They had to treat her as a spinal patient not being able to rule that out just yet. "What happened?" Bacon asked "She got hit by a surfboard. She lost consciousness almost immediately and was underwater when I reached her" Matt explained. "Was she breathing at all times?" Bacon asked "I think so. I reached her pretty quickly." Matt responded once again looking down at Margo when he heard a soft cough. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked seeming confused "Hey Margo, can you hear me? Just relax and stay laying down, you got hit by a surfboard. There's an ambulance on the way." Maxi said trying to calm her down, Margo started to breath heavily and tears where streaming down her face. Soon she started shaking as well, Matt knew immediately that she was having a panic attack "stop, don't touch her. She's having a panic attack." He said quickly while turning of the oxygen making Margo breath in more carbon dioxide. After about 10 minutes she calmed down and was able to focus on the people around her. "Margo honey, can you hear me?" Maxi asked she blinked and tried to nod her head. Her eyes where rolling around unfocused and she looked like she was about to pass out again which was exactly what she did. Bacon cursed checking her pulse and readjusting the oxygen mask "she's got pulse but it's quite slow." He said looking behind him hearing the paramedics approach them. They where greeted by Quinn and another paramedic. Bacon explained what happened and while Maxi was holding Margo's hand who was starting to come back around. "Hey darling. How are you feeling?" Quinn asked crouching down next to Margo "Dizzy and my head hurts." She answered her voice barely above a whisper. "Okay, we're going to take you up to the hospital to get you checked out. How bad is your pain?" Quinn asked once again while Maxi and Jesse lifted the spinal board form the ground and started the slow, long walk towards the ambulance. Margo closed her eyes and scrunched her face up in pain. "Hey Margo open your eyes for me." Quinn said tapping her face softly. She blinked but closed her eyes again unable to keep them open. "Okay, let's get her to the hospital fast. Who is coming with her?" Quinn asked jumping in to the ambulance "I will." Maxi said, still holding on to her hand. They quickly entered the ambulance and closed the doors leaving Bacon, Jesse and Matt standing on the promenade feeling lost. They had never treated one of their close friends or family members and it was so much more scary it caused them to understand the way family members of patients they treated felt. After standing on the promenade for about 5 minutes Jesse and Matt said goodbye to Bacon and jumped in the car making their way towards the hospital.