Chapter 1:

AN: So here is chapter 1, hope you guys like it.

Disclaimer: I don't own Bondi rescue or any of it's lifeguards. I only own the plot and my own made up characters.

I exhaled deeply trying to calm myself down before following my brother on to the beach. I looked over Bondi beach, oh how I had missed this place. The only thing I hadn't missed was the massive crowd. I could slowly feel the anxiety taking hold of her body. Maybe I should start with telling you about myself, my name is Margo although most people call me Mar. I live with my two older brothers Will and Jai. Our parents died when we were younger so since then we have basically been inseparable. I was born in Bondi, Sydney but moved to America when I was 5 because of my father's job. He was in the US navy, and was deployed to various places in the world. I've grown up surfing; I could surf before I could walk properly really. My biggest dream as a kid was to become a professional surfer but that all changed when I was 7. My brother Jai, my dad and I had gone to Hawaii for a surf competition they were competing in, there while surfing I got attacked by a shark and lost my left leg from the knee down. (AN: Not similar to soul surfer or any copying intended).

Jai , who is an amazing surfer, almost quit after my accident as he blamed himself. But I never let it stop me. My chances of becoming a prosurfer were gone but I could still enjoy the water and do some recreational surfing from time to time. I kept swimming and paddling and after many months managed to stand up. I will never be as good as my brother or as good as I used to be, but I still enjoyed it. When I was 9 my dad died while on a mission in Afghanistan and when I was 10 my mom committed suicide. Ever since that day I've had anxiety. I never really got depressed to the point of cutting or being suicidal, but my anxiety does control big part of my life, so yeah maybe coming to Bondi on one of the busiest days of the year wasn't a good idea. Jai and I had just gotten back from America and didn't have the patience to wait another day. Will my oldest brother, is also in the US navy following in my father's footsteps and is on a training mission in Japan at the moment. Jai picked up surfing again and completed our shared dream of becoming a pro surfer. He's starting a world tour soon, travelling around the world and surfing at some of the best competitions at the most amazing places. I'm kind of jealous, scrap that I am very jealous. And me? Well I just graduated high school and am taking a gap year as I have no idea what I would like to do. I have a blog and have thought about starting a YouTube channel but that would just be for fun. I studied a 'health science' orientated course at high school and have considered studying medicine or something like that but at the moment I don't know.

Jai and I were walking around looking for a place we could leave our stuff. We decided to just go swimming instead of surfing today as we were slightly jetlagged and it was to busy to do any proper surfing. We could always go to Bronte or Tamarama later in the week. Jai went straight into the water but I stayed behind sunbathing and looking after our bags. I listened to music as I sunbathed wanting to get a nice tan as it was winter in America. I used the music to drown out the noises of the beach, it sort of helped my anxiety and hopefully prevented me from having a panic attack. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the music and the heat touching my skin. After about half an hour or so I opened my eyes, expecting Jai to be back. I looked around for him but couldn't see him anywhere. My chest tightened, and I knew I was about to have a panic attack. The crowd was even bigger now. I got up took my bag and made my way towards the lifeguard tower. I knew I had to get to the shade and away from the crowd. Having grown up in Bondi I knew of the lifeguards and in my panicked mind they seems as the best people to help maybe from there I could look for my brother as well. 

I was panting, and my sight had gone blurry. I also felt sick and my heart was beating faster. Everything seemed amplified but also unclear. I was almost at the lifeguard tower when I started to shake and felt tears making their way down my face. I slowly walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. After what felt like an eternity but were really only seconds the door opened. The lifeguards face filled with worry as I swayed on the spot , he gently pulled me inside while asking questions " what's wrong? Have you gotten stung? Are you hurt?" all I could do in my panicked state was shake my head and try to say anxiety. Luckily he understood, he sat me down and tried to calm me down. Breathing with me and when that didn't work putting an oxygen mask on my face. I didn't know at the time but he had turned the oxygen of so I was only breathing in carbon dioxide. After a while my breathing slowed down and I could focus on my surroundings. The lifeguard that helped me handed me a glass of water which I shakily took. I looked up at him to see a young blonde man with a friendly face and blue eyes looking down at me. "Thank you" I managed to say between taking small sips of water. "No problem, I'm Maxi by the way. Are you here alone?" the lifeguard answered "I'm Margo, and no I came here with my brother but I'm not sure where he is." I answered "But you're sure he is still on the beach?" another lifeguard who I only just noticed sitting near a desk on an elevated part of the tower asked. "Um yeah he wouldn't leave me, he went for a swim but he will probably be looking for me actually." I answered shrugging "He's a good swimmer?" Maxi asked looking slightly worried. "Oh yeah don't worry about him, we grew up here so he knows Bondi." Maxi was about to say something when there was another knock on the towers door. Maxi opened the door to reveal my brother; he looked worried but relaxed when he saw me. He walked over and gave me a hug. "Are you okay Mar?" he asked. I just nodded not trusting my voice right now. "Why didn't you call me for help?" he asked "I couldn't find you, so I went here." I answered looking at the floor, a single tear rolled down my cheek; I quickly wiped it away hoping no one saw, but of course my brother did, and hugged me once again. Maxi and the other lifeguard, whose name I hadn't understood, where looking out of the window giving me some privacy. There where cameras in several corners filming but I didn't take much notice and they didn't pressure me knowing how fragile I was at the moment. "Thank you again for helping me Maxi." I said "No problem Margo, just doing my job." He answered smiling. I collected my bag and excited the tower together with Jai. As soon as I stepped outside on to the promenade, the heath hit me making me stumble a bit. Jai got hold of me and steadied me "You okay?" he asked looking me in the eyes. I nodded "Yeah, I just want to go home." I asked softly "Of course, let's go." Slowly we walked home.

Luckily we lived close to the beach and it didn't take long before I was stood in our mostly empty house. Because we had spent the last 4 years in America and all our stuff was still there, we didn't have a lot of stuff only the necessary. The rest would be shipped over after the holidays. I walked into the living room and sat on the sofa. I had stopped shaking but had started to feel sick. I hated this side effect, I could deal with feeling like shit for the next few days but I hated feeling sick. Jai came in to the living room with my medicine and a cold cloth, which felt amazing on my head. Slowly I started falling asleep, the medicine making me drowsy. I could feel Jai carefully carrying me upstairs and into my bed before I let sleep take over.

Hope you enjoyed! Please comment & vote!