Chapter 4:

AN: First of, Happy new year! Hope you all had a great holiday. secondly, I would like to thank everyone for over a 100 reads, it might not be much but for me it's great. Now on to the story and don't forget to comment and vote.

Chapter 4:

Margo blinked, sitting up and looking at her surroundings. She was lying on a sofa in a strange room. She could vaguely smell cooking and coffee. She decided to get up and figure out where she was. She remembered going to Matt's house but she didn't remember falling asleep or leaving the house. So she figured she must still be at his. Slowly and carefully, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she walked into what she hoped was the kitchen. When she walked in she silently laughed, seeing Matt cooking breakfast and dancing around the kitchen. He was humming along to the radio while he flipped some pancakes. He stopped dead when he saw Margo standing in the door opening. "Good morning." She said grinning at his embarrassed face. "G... good morning Margo, sleep well?" he asked stuttering. She laughed before responding, "Yeah, I slept surprisingly well. Sorry for falling asleep on you though." Margo resorted to look at the floor once again. Matt shrugged before smiling, turning back to the stove before handing Margo a plate and setting another plate full of pancakes on the table in front of her. "What would you like to drink?" he asked walking towards his fridge "Uhm, do you have orange juice?" She asked sitting at his kitchen table uncomfortably. "Yup, one Orange juice coming up." Matt said smiling. After he said down, they ate in a comfortable silence before Matt broke it. "So how are you feeling really? And don't worry about falling asleep last night, happens to the best of us." Margo was silent for a minute before answering "I'm okay, although still a bit on edge I guess. This feeling normally lasts a day or two before going back to normal." She shrugged at the end, signalling she was used to it. Matt nodded deciding to not push the matter. "Would you like some coffee?" he asked instead. Margo laughed while shaking her head "Oh god no! I'm not allowed any sort of caffeine." She answered "But I would like another pancake if that's okay, these are great! Almost as good as the ones my mom used to make." She said savouring the last bite of her pancake. A sad look had crossed her face when she mentioned her mother but that soon passed. So fast Matt almost didn't notice, but Matt knew enough of grief and losing people to know that whatever happened to Margo's mom, it wasn't good and it definitely didn't have a happy ending. Although he already knew that, Margo had told him her parents had died when she was younger. Softly shaking his head he smiled at her "Of course, how stupid of me, would you like some tea instead? Of course go ahead eat as many as you want. I'm glad you like them." Margo smiled getting another pancake of the plate and putting cinnamon and sugar on it. She shook her head after taking the first bite before answering his previous question "No thanks, just some water would be nice tough." Matt nodded before walking to the fridge and getting out a small bottle of water. Margo smiled in gratitude and they consumed their breakfast in silence.

After breakfast Margo helped Matt clean up, insisting it was the least she could do after all the things he had done for her. After that she went up to his bathroom to freshen up while he got ready for work. He wasn't supposed to be working but had gotten a call from Hoppo asking if he could help cover the morning shift as it appeared to become a busy day. When Margo came down dressed in one of his FTW vests and her shorts he smiled before turning serious. "I got a call from Hoppo, he wants me to cover a shift down at Bondi in half an hour, I already talked to him and you can come and stay in the tower. I know you might not like it much but I'd rather you're not alone today." He explained while putting his things in a bag. Margo hadn't taken anything apart from her phone, earphones and house keys so she was all ready. Margo just nodded silently before following him out of the house and in to his car. She patted Tom before leaving silently promising she would come back. She had always loved animals, especially dogs finding it easier to deal with them instead of people.