Chapter 19:

AN: Hey guys! I am finally back :) Like I mentioned in the last chapter this update would take a while because I was going on holiday and didn't know if I would be able to write while I was away, which I wasn't sorry. I have since also been busy working and helping my parents out with their businesses. But here is the next chapter and I am sorry if it is a little short but I will try to get a new, longer chapter up soon! 

Disclaimer: I do not own Bondi Rescue or the lifeguards (obviously) I only own Margo, her family and the parts of the plot that I make up :)

Margo had prepared herself for a lot of things Harrison could say, that he hated her, that she scared him or that he never really cared about him. The words that came out of his mouth however were completely different and would shock her for a pretty long time. "How are you doing Margo? I mean after yesterday night and all?" Margo blinked and took a step back surprised by the question "I'm okay, a little shaky and on edge but relatively good all things considering. How are you doing? You sounded a little off last night on the phone." She answered, choosing to be direct wanting to know what was up as soon as possible, not a person to beat around the bush. "I'm okay, Yeah I know sorry, I uh... guess I was a little scared or surprised by everything happening and I was a little angry at myself that I couldn't help you out. I felt utterly helpless and I hate it. I care about you but I don't know how to handle any of this and I... I thought ignoring you and making you angry at me was easier then telling you the truth. But I realized that all I did was hurt you and it's wrong. You don't deserve any of this, you don't deserve me. It would be better for all of us if I just left you alone and you can move on with your life." He said it all pretty quickly but with a tone of hurt in his voice. "No, Harrison you don't mean this, please say you don't mean this. We can make it work, I'm sure we can please don't give up on me, on us. I, I know it's hard to deal with me sometimes but all I ask is that you just give me a chance, just one and if after that you still don't think you can't deal with it I will leave you alone, I promise. But I just can't let you break my heart just like that and leave me, like so many others have done before you. I won't let you hurt me, not more then you already have. So if you want to just take the easy option out and leave, fine leave but don't come running back when you regret your choices." She sounded desperate and she hated it but all she could think about was Harrison breaking her heart, and the pain she felt was terrible she couldn't quite describe it but she had never felt anything like it, not even when her parents died. This was the pain of betrayal, and loss but a different kind of loss as Harrison was choosing to walk away from her not leaving because he has to. She didn't know when she had started crying but she was no longer trying to hide it, the tears were freely flowing down her face in to her mouth and further down her chin. She tried to furiously wipe them away but more kept coming and they wouldn't stop. Harrison had gone pale and he also had tears in his eyes, he never expected it to go this way. He never meant to hurt her but know he just couldn't stop. "I get that Margo, and I am truly sorry but I just, um I don't know if I can do this and I don't want my heart to be broken. I know its selfish but I have to think about myself and my job, I cant get distracted I need this trainee ship, more then you could possibly imagine." The words just came out and before he knew she had slapped him and ran back inside, leaving him outside alone, bewildered and with an aching cheek.

Margo ran inside and straight in to Jesse's arms "Can we please go home? I don't want to stay here any more, please just take me home." She said trying hard not to burst into even more tears. "Yes, let me just get my coat and say goodbye to the others and then we can leave okay?" He answered an angry and concerned look taking over his features, all Margo could do was nod, sniffing once or twice to try and clear her nose. After what felt like the longest 2 minutes in which she got a lot of concerned looks from the other lifeguards and their significant others, Jesse came back and quickly escorted her to his car where she started sobbing as soon as the door closed. "What happened Mar? What did Harrison say to you?" "He... he said t..that he didn't want to start anything w...with me b..because he didn't have the time to deal with me nor did he k...know how to d..do s...soo." She hiccuped trying to catch her breath "I tried to get him to give me one more chance but he said he didn't have any time for me as he has to f...focus on w...work." After a good 5 minutes she was able to fully explain everything that had happened and they had arrived home. Jesse parked the car and got out, quickly making his way around it to open her door and engulf her in the kind of hug only he could give her. Her knees buckled and she fell against him, more out of cheer exhaustion then grief. Jesse stumbled back giving a few exclamations before taking a hold of her and half carrying her inside. He dropped her on the sofa and disappeared into the house, probably looking for something.Toby was at her side in a second, pushing his nose in her face and sitting next to the sofa. Margo smiled and rubbed his nose and stroked his soft hair, she instantly felt more relaxed and happier. As soon as Toby had laid down, Jesse came back with two tubs of ice cream, some spoons and a blanket. "Okay, so I figured Netflix and ice cream was in order for tonight. I will deal with Harrison in the morning, and maybe you should not tell your brothers about this, or you know do, but they might beat him up for hurting you." Jesse finally spoke when he had given her one tub of the ice cream, margo nodded "I hadn't told either of them about my date yet anyway so that won't be a problem, Cole will be al lot harder to calm down though, you know how he is." Jesse nodded and turned back to the tv turning on Doctor Who, he knew Margo loved watching that show and he secretly enjoyed it as well even though he didn't always understand what it was about. After about 3 episodes he noticed Margo had fallen asleep, tears still streaking her cheeks. Jesse smiled sympathetically and covered her body more with the blanket before turning of the tv and the lights and going upstairs to bed. Margo continued sleeping although her dreams were filled with shouting, crying and all the people that had left her. She awoke some time during the night a silent scream on her lips and sweat glistening on her forehead. She hook her head and walked into the kitchen getting a glass of water before slowly making her way upstairs to resume sleeping, Toby by her side at all times.

The next morning Jesse was up early, wanting to speak with Harrison before he had to go to work. He was secretly dreading the conversation, not just because he liked Harrison or because he had to work with him but mostly because he didn't really know what he was supposed to say. He wanted to change Harrison's mind and make him give Margo another chance but he wasn't sure how to do this. His best option was to not get angry but all his thoughts disappeared like snow under the sun when he saw Harrison standing in the tower, talking to Maxi and laughing. He looked like nothing had happened yesterday and he hadn't just broken his housemates heart. "You idiot, what were you thinking saying those things to Margo huh? Did you actually think this would help her and not completely devastate her? She cried herself to sleep last night god dammit. How could you possibly be so stupid huh? I thought you were different, she thought you were different. For the past 5 years people have shut her out and abandoned her because of her mental problems and now she finally thought she had found someone who liked her and didn't mind her anxiety and other problems and you leave her saying you don't have any time to deal with her or her problems as you have to focus on work? What kind of bullsh*t is this?" Jesse shouted in Harrison's face, not caring about the consequences or what the other lifeguards thought about it. Harrison had gone pale, as had Maxi obviously not familiar with what the boy had said the day before. Maxi took a step back and slowly shook his head disbelieve and shock clear on his face. Hoppo who had come in during Jesse's speech also looked at Harrison with shock "Harrison? Is it true what Jesse said?" Hoppo asked slowly turning to fully look at Harrison.

I hope you liked it, and I am sorry for the people that hate it/ are upset with the way this is going! I promise things will get better soon:) please continue to vote, comment and add this story to your reading lists!