Chapter 8:

AN: First of sorry for the long wait, I was incredibly busy with work and moving all my stuff around between two houses, I also started University this week and had a lot of stuff to prepare for that which included many trips to university that cost a lot of time. And as you all also know, I am a terrible perfectionist so I don't post anything until I am 150% happy about it, which is very hard to achieve in my eyes, but finally I am satisfied with this chapter. I do apologise for the ending as it might seem a little sudden but I thought it necessary for the continuation of this story. I have a rather important question at the end of the chapter I would love if you could all answer as I am not to sure what to do.  Also, thank you soooo much for 2.4 K reads and almost 70 votes!! It means a lot to me. Anyway now on with the story.

Everyone who knew Jesse knew that surfing was everything for him, so naturally the closer they got to the beach the more excited he got. Margo could just imagine him as a kid, bouncing up and down whenever he went to the beach. He looked like an oversized puppy out in the garden for first time. Margo smiled trying and failing to hide her laughter at her own thoughts. For a few blissful minutes she forgot her own worries and anxiety, to occupied by staring out the window at the ocean. She would give anything to be able to swim, hating the fact she would miss out on all the fun. All her anxiety rushed back however when Jesse parked and stopped the car, softly humming to one of the songs they had been listening to. He smiled reassuringly as she slowly got out of the car, blinking against the bright sunlight. In silence they walked towards the rather large group of loud men down on the beach. They where smiling and laughing and al shouted happily when they saw Jesse and Margo approach. "Jesse, finally I thought you weren't gonna show up." A tall well build man covered in tattoos said making his way through the crowd. He was smiling brightly and obviously joking "Koby" Jesse exclaimed greeting his friend enthusiastically. For a minute Margo thought Jesse would forget all about her and leave her surrounded by strangers, but of course that wasn't the case. "Koby, this is Margo, the girl I was telling you about. As you can see she had a little accident and I am looking after her until she's better." Jesse explained quickly, Margo smiled and gave a little wave to which Koby responded with a bright smile and wave. "Nice to meet you! What about your parents? They not around?" He asked after a short pause. Jesse stopped laughing and looked at Margo worriedly, Margo just smiled sadly and shook her head "No they died when I was younger. My older brothers have looked after me ever since but both are away working at the moment." Everybody went quiet and most of them looked at Margo with pity except Koby and his brothers, who she was yet to meet, they knew she probably didn't want anybodies pitty. "Well it looks like you have found yourself another family, you may not be a bra boy but you're Jesse's friend and we look after our own." Koby said smiling at her and handing her a piece of paper with his and his brothers numbers. After the introduction with boy was over, she met his brothers who where just as nice as him and his girlfriend Olya. After the introductions were over, the guys jumped into the sea very kean on a good surf. Margo sat down with Olya and some other girlfriends anxiously watching the boys. Margo wasn't to worried about Jesse knowing he had surfed here many times before and had a lot of experience. A part from that she knew he could count on his friends looking after him if something did happen. Watching everyone having fun in the surf made Margo's fingers itch to grab her board and hit the water. She mentally cursed the idiot surfer who dropped into her wave and hit her. 

Talking to Olya and some of the other girls brightened her mood however and gave her lots of new ideas for her blog and youtube channel. Being stuck in the hospital caused her to get behind on her idea of uploading every week. As soon as she gets home she wanted to film an explanatory video. After a few hours somebody started up a barbecue and opened a big cooler full of drinks, both alcoholic and none alcoholic. Jesse and the rest of the boys had returned from surfing and where congregated around the barbecue arguing over who would get to man the barbecue. Eventually Koby stepped up and the meat was finally being made. Jesse sat down next to Margo drying his hair with a towel while simultaneously shaking the water drops on her. Margo laughed pushing him away playfully trying to escape the drops."You having a good time?" He asked as he sat down accepting a drink from one of the boys. "Yeah definitely, your friends are great. So were you by the way, you are an amazing surfer seriously I don't think I would have been able to surf those waves without wiping out terribly." Margo responded smiling sincerely. She smiled up at Koby when he handed her a plate with a burger inhaling the godly scent that came of. "Thank you Koby, this smells amazing!" Jesse laughed pretending to be offended "Hey where's my burger mate?" Koby smiled cheekily "Well you know what they say, ladies first. If you want a burger I suggest getting up and fighting for it with the rest of the boys. And I recommend being quick about it before they are gone." Margo laughed again and probably would have continued if a sharp pain in her head wouldn't have interrupted and stopped her. She winced, closing her eyes and putting a hand to her head, her burger long forgotten fell out of her hands and on the sand. Jesse and Koby were immediately by her side talking in soft voices asking if she was okay "Mar, Mar, hey talk to me darling. What's wrong? Is it your head?" Koby asked worry evident in his voice. All Margo could do was nod and wince again keeping her eyes firmly shut until Jesse returned form his car with the pills the doctor gave her. "Here Margo, take the pills you'll feel better I promise." Jesse said softly trying to coax her into swallowing the pills. Margo wanted to refuse, feeling like she would throw up as soon as she opened her mouth but deep down she knew it would make her feel better. She sighed deeply before slowly opening her eyes and accepting the water and pills Jess was holding out. She swallowed them quickly and closed her eyes once again slightly leaning into Koby's body feeling extremely tired all of a sudden. Koby chuckled softly trying to clear the worried tone from his voice before speaking again. "You feeling better know Mar?" Margo nodded keeping her eyes closed breathing deeply and waiting for the medicine to kick in. After a few minutes it had kicked in and she could open her eyes again without black spots appearing in her vision. She sighed once again and turned to Koby and Jesse who both still looked quite worried "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened, I think the long hours in the sun might have affected me." "It's alright Margo, you can't help you got hit around the head and have a concussion. I think it would be best if we go home so you can rest. Don't you think?" Jesse answered smiling softly and reassuringly at the young girl still leaning slightly on Koby. She nodded and sat up straight grabbing her jumper and putting it on, she looked at the fallen burger on the sand and chuckled before looking up at Koby apologetically "Sorry about your burger and using you as a human pillow I suppose." Koby laughed before responding "Ah no problem, I guess your gonna have to buy me a coffee or something when your feeling better." Margo smiled getting up and waving goodbye to the rest, who all smiled back. Olya followed them to the car together with Koby making sure they made it there alright and making Margo promise to text her when she was feeling better.

As soon as they got to her house, she thanked Jesse and bid him goodnight dragging herself upstairs and collapsing on her bed with her clothes still on, to tired and in to much pain to change. She woke up the next morning in the exact same position with a drowsy feeling but no pain in her head. She looked at the clock and groaned when she saw it was only 6:30 AM. knowing she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep she slowly got up took her book from her nightstand and slowly made her way downstairs not wanting to disturbe Jesse. She made herself a cup of tea and sat down in her back garden getting lost in her reading until she heard Jesse calling out her name "I'm in the garden" she called back closing her book and getting up to move inside "Hey." Jesse said from the back door smiling while shielding his eyes from the rising sun 'How about we go out and get some breakfast?" Jesse asked before looking at Margo "Well after you get dressed of course, did you really sleep in last nights clothes?" He asked laughing. Margo stuck her tongue out immaturely and shoved past him playfully quickly walking upstairs to shower and change clothes.

Half an hour later Jesse and Margo where sat in a nice small cafe near Bondi enjoying a rich and healthy breakfast which Margo finished with the most delicious piece of Red velvet cake she had ever tried. She almost bought a piece to take home but she resisted deciding she had enough junk food at home. After breakfast they went for a walk among the promenade window shopping and occasionally going in and buying some things they needed. All in all Margo had a great morning, she liked spending time with Jesse it caused her not to think about her brothers that although it did make her miss them more. As soon as she got home she had a very nice long talk with Jai, in which she basically had to beg him about information about Sara and had to reassure him a thousand times she was fine with Jesse and that no, he didn't have to come back early to look after her. She tried to call Will but he was busy moving to a different location where there was no phone reception. This caused Margo to worry about her eldest brothers areas with no reception where generally dangerous and harder to escape from then the other, safer, areas with good reception and in some cases internet. In her head she was counting down the days until her brother was back home safe from all the dangers he faced. 

After all the necessary phone calls and reassuring Olya and Koby that she was doing just fine today she opened up her laptop and wrote a short blog post explaining what had happened, she also made a video edited it  and uploaded it. She posted a message on Instagram and twitter which got quite a lot of get well wishes she responded to as good as she could. Staring at a screen for to long still caused her head to start hurting from time to time. Jesse had been occupied on his laptop aswell sorting out some things for a new trainee recruit from New-Zealand they were going to get soon (AN: I know he probably wouldn't do any of this in real life, as that would be mainly Hoppo's job but it just fits with the story so I am leaving it in). The new trainee needed a place to stay and was now choosing between Maxi and Jesse, although I guess either on would soon drive him insane. Jesse was now just providing some more information regarding Sydney and things he would need before his arrival. All in all they had a very relaxed and boring day, doing some odd jobs around the house and finally making a nice big dinner for Matt, Maxi and a few of the other boys in blue who were coming over after they finished work, something Margo was looking forward to immensely. Before getting started on dinner however she had to send Jesse out to the shops so he could buy some more supplies for dinner, mainly the desert because let's be honest, the boys had a major sweet tooth which had to be satisfied, and not to forget the alcohol of course, the only reason she didn't do the shopping, because a dinner party without alcohol was no dinner party.

AN: So I hope you enjoyed it, it is slightly short I know but I wanted to stop it here as to not make it to long. No I have a question, obviously the new trainee is Harrison and I wanted to know if you would like for him to be a possible love interest for Margo or not. Margo's 19th birthday is coming up in the story very soon, and they will be of a similar age. Just let me know what you think/want to read! or if you want  her to fall in love with someone else that can be possible as well as long as it is not Maxi, Matt or Jesse as they are more like her brothers and it would just be weird to write that now. So yeah, hope you enjoyed please vote and comment what you think/who you want her to end up with, if you want her to end up with anyone at all (if you want a female love interest that is fine with me as well). 

x Simone