Chapter 24

AN: Hey guys, I am so sorry it took me soooo long to publish the next chapter but I have my reasons for it. First of all I was busy with studying and then during this period I injured my shoulder pretty badly and was in a sling and unable to use it for about 2 months and well writing with only one hand is pretty hard and slow going. I also lost the inspiration for this story, I didn't know where I wanted it to go and really struggled putting this chapter out there. I am now in the middle o studying for finals as well so I will probably not upload another chapter until next month or so. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter, its a little boring as it is a filler but kind of necessary for future chapters

Margo sighed as she pulled her chair towards her and pushed herself up from the sofa, these three weeks couldn't be over soon enough. She had only been in the chair for two days now but she was already sick of the restrictions it caused. Harrison, who was sat next to her on the sofa, laughed softly and mockingly asked "Need some help there?" Margo just glared at him and made a show of shuffling into the wheelchair and making her way to the kitchen. Jesse was at work and Jai had gone out to visit some friends so the injured friends had been left alone, after countless reassurance from Margo to Jai that they would be fine for a couple of hours. They were both feeling a lot better and were only a little sore because of the fall. Margo's ankle hurt a lot but she could easily handle it, the same went for Harrison who was actually kind of enjoying his time of, especially as he got to spend it with Margo. After she had forgiven him it was as if nothing had happened and they were back to being like they had been before. They could talk for ages about anything but could just as easily sit in silence and enjoy each others company. They had been watching tv when some old Bondi Rescue reruns came on and Margo had laughed when it turned out to be one of Jesse's first episodes taking a quick picture so she could blackmail Jesse with it later. Margo wheeled herself into the kitchen and opened the fridge getting out two bottles of water and putting them in her lap, she then moved to one of the cupboards and took out a packet of biscuits and some candy. She put all of it on her lap and wheeled back to the living room, where she found Harrison kneeling on the ground in front of the tv and going through her dvd's, "so what shall we watch?" He asked as he heard her come back in, Margo shrugged not to bothered about the film as long as it was action and maneuvered herself back on to the sofa putting the food next to her. Jai had texted her a few minutes earlier to ask them to meet him for lunch on Campbell parade in a few hours so they had decided to watch a film until than. In the end Harrison chose an old episode of CSI as they didn't really have enough time to watch an entire film and get ready. And considering Margo was in a wheelchair it would also take them double the amount of time to get to Campbell Parade.

After they got ready, which took a lot longer than they had wanted and expected they met up with Jai and sat down in a small cafe just of Bondi, they held a light conversation while they browsed the menu's. Margo wasn't really hungry so she ended up choosing a nice salad, while Harrison and Jai each had a burger. Harrison really wanted to order a beer but wasn't allowed to drink while on his meds, neither was Margo but she didn't really drink anyway so it didn't bother her that much. Jai laughed at Harrison's face when the waitress brought out their drinks and he saw the cold glass of beer in Jai's hand, Margo giggled and sipped her ice tea. She looked around the cafe and noticed some people were giving her odd looks, first she thought it was just because she was in a wheelchair but then she found they were all staring at her blanketed leg. She had decided to leave her prosthetic at home as it was pretty uncomfortable with her wheelchair and honesty useless as she wasn't allowed to walk anyway. She had put a blanket over her legs to keep her warm and hide her stump but still people were staring and it was starting to annoy her a little. Jai was noticing his sisters discomfort and looked around to see some of the people staring and whispering. He decided to do something, probably very stupid, but it would shut them up for good hopefully. He smiled at Margo and stood up, grabbing everyone's attention when he cleared his throat loudly "So I have noticed that many of you seem to be staring at my sisters leg instead of enjoying your lunches and minding your own business like you should. So please stop staring and leave her alone, yes she is in a wheelchair and yes she is missing part of a leg but that does not give you the right to openly stare at her or whisper about her making her feel uncomfortable and unsafe here. So please stop and thank you." After his small speech he sat down, most people were shocked but some clapped and the people who were whispering looked down ashamed for being called out or for what they had done. Margo smiled and gave her brother a side hug "thank you." She whispered, Jai nodded and smiled at her before returning to the conversation he was having with Harrison before his outburst. Margo smiled and unlocked her phone, opening Instagram and checking her messages, she had made a few stories with Harrison earlier explaining their predicament and she had gotten a ton of messages wishing them to feel better and saying that Harrison was an even bigger hero now. She smiled happily and answered a few of the messages people had left her. She then moved on to some emails, seeing that the pictures she had taken with Phaedra jewelry had been sent to her so she decided to post one straight away, asking Jai and Harrison for their opinion on which they liked best. She also received some more emails of another brand wanting to do a photoshoot with her, she answered that she would be delighted but it had to wait as she was currently in a wheelchair with a broken ankle.