Chapter 15

So I hoped you enjoyed the last chapter! Also very importantly, THANK YOU ALL FOR 7K VIEWS!!! I didn't expect anyone to read it let alone 7000 people. Also thank you very much for all the votes and comments! Update will hopefully be sooner together now as I have been able to write a few in advance while I am on "bed rest" for my knee. Hope you enjoy!

Margo smiled at her phone while she waited for the bus. Harrison had just send her a very sweet message wishing her good luck with her exams and that she would ace them. He also made her promise to call as soon as she was done. Margo's hand were shaking slightly as she was incredibly nervous, Jesse didn't have time to drive her to the university this morning so she had to take a bus. She didn't really mind but she was more focused on keeping her nerves in check then worrying about the fact she had to take a bus. She had spent the last month almost locked in her room, only taking breaks for the necessary and she really hoped it would pay off. All the boys down at the beach had wished her good luck and promised to keep their fingers crossed. She loved all the support she got form them and it made her brothers absence easier.

Margo had grown very close to Harrison, loving spending time with him. It wasn't just because he was only a few years older then her but also his personality, he was always smiling and joking around with her and everyone around them. She also really liked his accent and it made her laugh on a daily basis. She knew deep down that she had feelings for him, or at least she was starting to. At times she thought he felt the same but most she just blamed on her own imagination and hope, wishing for something that was never there. These thoughts were continuously running through her mind mixing with all the information for her exams. She tried to relax as she boarded the bus, getting nervous wouldn't help her, especially so quickly before the exam. She was prepared and was sure it would go great but a small sliver of doubt remained, making her think she would get there and get lost, or nobody was there or she wouldn't remember anything. Deep down she knew it was the anxiety talking but it still put her on edge. The bus ride was over very soon and before she knew it she was standing before the faculty of law of Sydney's university. It was a big imposing building form the outside but very nice and spacious on the inside. There was a big hall with a high roof with lots of windows, these kind of buildings always made Margo feel better and less trapped. She inhaled sharply and walked up to the big notice board, looking for the room she had to go to in order to take part in the exam. She had been told there would be a few other students there but didn't know what to expect. She made her way to the classroom and waited anxiously for the professor to arrive. Soon more students started to drive, al equally as nervous, looking over their notes. 10 minutes before the exam was bound to start, the professor arrived greeting them all nicely and letting them into the room. Margo send a quick message to the group chat she had with the lifeguards before shutting of her phone. All morning messages had been coming through her phone all morning, all wishing her good luck and assuring her she would do great. she sent separate message to Jesse informing him she would send a message when she was done so he could pick her up. Once inside the room, the professor explained how the exam would go and then gave everyone the papers. At first when Margo saw the exam she panicked thinking she had forgot everything, she couldn't remember what the structure of a DNA molecule was or how she should explain the function of enzymes, things she knew very well. She took a couple of deep breaths before reading the exam again slowly. Now more things started making sense and she almost cried in relief when she saw the last question, worth double points, it was a question about genetics, one of her strongest points. Slowly she gained more confidence and before long she was busy answering all the questions.

Margo exhaled and blinked against the sharp sunlight almost blinding her after over 3 hours of artificial light. She smiled as she spotted Jesse leaning against his car looking very out of place. he smiled when he saw her waving quickly getting up to open the door. "Hey Mar, how did it go?" Margo smiled and nodded "Good, I think, I panicked a little at first but I managed to answer most questions. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the result and then apply" Margo answered fiddling with her fingers and tapping her feet anxiously. If she was honest she had no idea how she had done and she feared it wasn't enough for the course she wanted to do. Jesse noticed her anxiety and tried to calm her down by putting his hand on her knees "hey, don't worry Mar, you'll be fine. Don't worry if you don't get in to criminology I'm sure there is something else you can do." Margo nodded smiling "can we go to the beach later? I need a bit of fresh air and I promised Harrison I would tell him how it went." She asked looking at Jesse, he smirked and answered "just Harrison or the other boys as well?" "All of the boys, I just promised it to Harrison that's all" Margo said quickly trying, and in Jesse's opinion failing, to cover up her feelings. Jesse just smiled and shook his head playfully, knowing deep down the two youngsters had feelings for each other. Not long after, once they left the city traffic behind, they made their way towards the beach not bothering to go home first. Jesse decided that to celebrate her finishing her exams they should go out to eat with some of the boys after they finished working. Margo was excited not only because she was done with her exams or because she was going to the beach, she was just happy to see the boys again. Maybe the fact a certain boy form New Zealand would be there was an important factor but she tried to hide it the best she could.