Chapter 2:

Disclaimer Like I stated before, I do not own Bondi rescue or any of it's lifeguards. I only own Margo, her brothers the plot and any other characters I invent.

Chapter 2,

When Margo woke up the next day it was windy and cold, perfect surf weather for her and Jai. They decided to go to Tamarama and catch a few waves before Jai had to go in to Sydney for a meeting. All tough I still felt quite anxious I had an amazing time. The ocean made her feel relaxed and free. After a little while more and more people started to come in to the water making it harder for Margo to surf properly. She started feeling a little more anxious and decided to call it a day. She went on to the beach and sat down on her towel next to her surfboard. I looked at Jai catching the wave of the day. I looked to my right when I felt someone sit down next to me. "  Hey, didn't expect to find you here." Maxi who had sat next to her together with another guy said. I shrugged and said "My brother and I wanted to go surfing somewhere less crowded then Bondi." "I'm getting the idea you don't like crowds all that much." The other guy, who introduced himself as Jesse, asked.  "Nope, not at all." I answered laughing. "So how are you feeling really?" Maxi asked after they had stopped laughing. I thought about it for a minute before responding "I'm okay I guess, I've gotten used to it over the years." "You have anxiety right?" Jesse asked, I nodded looking at my feet "I've had it ever since I was 10." I answered "How come you have anxiety, if you don't mind me asking." Maxi said after a couple more minutes of silence. "Umm, when I was 8 my dad died on a mission in Afghanistan, so that was a big impact on my life and when I was 10 my mom committed suicide, she had gotten depressed after my dad died and I guess it was all too much for her. She slit her wrists while I was at school. Ever since then I've had anxiety, it used to be harder but still very present as you saw yesterday. I don't think it will ever go away to be honest." I said once again looking at the sand. After a while of complete silence I looked up at Maxi and Jesse to see them looking at me with pity in their eyes. If there is anything I hate it is when people look at me with pity or as if i'm about to break. "Could you guys stop looking at me as if i'm some sort of kicked puppy." I said kind of mad. They looked shocked for a minute but then nodded. We continued to sit making small talk until my brother came back. "Hi, you made new friends Mar?" he asked smiling down at me. "I guess." I answered looking at Maxi and Jesse who nodded. "Come on sis, we have to go, I have that meeting in 2 hours." Jai said drying his hair and taking of his wetsuit. I jumped up, got my towel and my board and followed my brother of the beach. We waved goodbye to Maxi and Jesse before driving home. After having a shower and getting ready, Jai left for his meeting. Mar decided to do some decorating as her room and the rest of the house where very bare. After 2 hours she was satisfied with what she had achieved and decided to continue once all their stuff from America arrived. So she decided to watch some game of thrones, as she still felt slightly anxious and tired. Besides where would she go anyways, it wasn't like she had made any friends yet. She had just finished the second episode of Game of Thrones when Jai walked back in. "Hey sis, like what you did to the place." He smiled before looking down at a piece of paper he held frowning. "What's wrong Jai?" she asked "they changed the dates of my tour, I leave in1 week." He said sighing sitting down on the sofa. Margo sighed and sat next to him. "Well that's great news right? You where so excited to go." "Yes I know, but I would have to leave you alone, Will doesn't get back for another 6 weeks maybe even more." He exclaimed "I can take care of myself, you know that." She was getting angry, sure she had anxiety and a slight depression from time to time but that doesn't mean people could just treat her like a kid. "I know, I know, I just don't want to see you hurt and besides, you don't know anyone here." Jai said grabbing her hand and squeezing it softly. "I know Maxi and Jesse, I could go to Bondi tomorrow morning, see if they are working and ask for their number so I can call them if I need it." Margo suggested. Jai thought about it for a while before nodding his head. "Okay, it's better than leaving you without anyone you know, but I also want you to talk to our neighbours so they know you're alone."  Margo sighed "You know I don't like talking to strangers but fine as long as you come with me." She agreed, feeling nervous but also kind of excited. She only just met Maxi and Jesse but the seemed like good guys, who could help her if she needed it, I mean they are lifeguards for a reason right?

So that's how Margo found herself at Bondi beach at 6:30 the next morning. She hadn't planned on going that early but she had woken up at 6 and decided to go for a run as she didn't have anything better to do. She saw the lifeguards setting up the flags and decided to go ask if Maxi or Jesse where working, if she waited she'd chicken out at the last moment. It wasn't that she was shy but she just didn't like talking to strangers. She exhaled and knocked on the door, involuntarily holding her breath. She heard some movement from inside and the door opened. A blonde man was looking down at her "Hey, can I help you?" he asked "Umm I was wondering if Maxi or Jesse where working today, they helped me the other day and I wanted to thank them again." Margo said nervously. "Oh yeah, Maxi is working today but Jesse isn't. Why don't you come in a minute he's upstairs." Margo nodded and followed the man in to the tower. They walked past the medical bed and up a couple stairs. Maxi was standing near a desk talking to another lifeguard. "Ey Maxi, there is a girl here wanting to talk to you." The blonde man said "Okay thanks Reidy." Maxi answered turning around smiling "Oh hey Margo, how are ya?" he asked one's he spotted me. "I'm okay you?" she asked while they walked outside. "So why are you here? It's not to thank me again I guess." Maxi asked. "No, I actually wanted to ask you a favour." Margo admitted. Maxi looked surprised while Margo just looked at the floor embarrassed, "What can I do for you?" Maxi asked eventually "Uhm, well my brother ,Jai, is leaving for his surf tour in a week and my other brother, Will, doesn't come home for another 6 weeks which means I would be alone, so my brother asked if you could give us your number  so I can call you if I ever need help, until he or Will return." Margo explained

Maxi was silent for a while before looking at Margo who was once again looking at the ground playing with her fingers. "Hey, look at me." Maxi said lifting up her head "Don't worry okay? I would be happy to help you. I will give you my number inside. It's still early why don't you come and sit inside with me and the other boys?  We can get to know eachother and I can introduce you to the others and Hoppo my boss, they will love you. I promise." Maxi exclaimed excited Margo smiled before following him back inside. Reidy and the other lifeguards where laughing and talking together while still keeping an eye on the ocean,  but all stopped when they heard the door close. They turned around and Reidy smiled while the others just looked confused. Margo smiled, shy all of a sudden. "Don't worry, they will love you. I'm right next to you okay?" Maxi whispered reassuringly noticing her anxiety. She smiled up at him and followed him up the stairs; She smiled at the lifeguards who smiled back, one of them showing of his insanely white teeth. "I'm Harries, pleasure to meet you darling." He said walking forward and extending his hand. "Margo, pleasure." She responded shaking his outstretched hand, she could feel her anxiety slowly leaving her body. "Nice to meet you Margo, I'm Bruce Hopkins but call me Hoppo."  Said a voice behind her, she turned around and smiled, all signs of anxiety now gone.

Margo smiled as she closed the door to her and Jai's house. She had spent 2 hours with the lifeguards talking, laughing and surprisingly working out. "Had fun?" Jai asked walking out of the kitchen. Margo just nodded before explaining what she had done while Jai looked more and more proud of what she had achieved. When she finished he jumped up and hugged her. "I'm proud of you Margo." He said in to her hair still hugging her, not wanting to let go yet. She smiled as she leaned further in to the hug. To any normal person, talking to some stranger might be normal but for Margo and anyone with social anxiety this was a big achievement.

AN: I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and if there are any spelling mistakes I apologize as english is not my first language. Corrections and building criticism are always welcome.