Chapter 26

AN: Hey guys, finally back with a new chapter, sorry for the looooong wait but I moved to another country a few months ago and needed some time to settle in, and then I broke my wrist... So yeah typing was kind of hard for about two months. So yeah one again sorry, also sorry that this chapter is kind of bad but I'm in the middle of final essays and they are killing me! Please vote and comment to let me know what you thought :)

Margo laughed slightly as she heard Jesse grumbling in the kitchen, she was sat at the dining table in the living room working on some notes for her blog. She got up and slowly walked into the kitchen to see if he needed help, she laughed louder when she saw he was trying, and failing, to reach a high shelf. He was hindered by his still very broken ribs and leaning up hurt him to much to actually do it. Margo shook her head at his stubbornness as he was supposed to rest and took the jar he wanted from the shelf. "You are supposed to be resting, now get on that couch while I make us lunch." She said, Jesse sighed but finally nodded, sitting down on one of the chairs surrounding the island in the kitchen pulling his bottle of water closer to him and taking a sip "Can you make grilled cheese please?" He asked, voice a lot smaller than it usually was, mainly due to the pain and maybe also slightly because of his frustration. Margo smiled and nodded, turning away from him to grab all the things she needed for their favourite lunch. Soon the kitchen was filled with the greasy cheesy smell of the sandwiches. They moved to the living room and spent the rest of the day watching films. Jesse had been discharged from hospital only 3 days before and was still very sore. He wanted to get back to work as soon as possible but for now just needed to accept the fact that he was temporarily incapacitated by his damn broken ribs and concussion. He, Margo and a few other lifeguards were supposed to go out bowling today but they had decided to postpone it for a week or two to give Jesse time to heal, he probably wouldn't be able to participate in the bowling but at least he could move around easier and actually have some fun. Margo was feeling a little off and she wants sure why, she thought it was just stress from looking after Jesse or because she hadn't been able to contact Jai or Will for about a week, she didn't really know why they weren't answering but she figured they must just be busy or in an area without reception. The anniversary of her fathers death was coming up and as always she felt sad and empty at the same time, she was hoping that this year was going to be better as she had a whole new support system but she wasn't sure it was going to be enough, really she needed her brothers but as they were unavailable she would just have to manage. The only good thing about Jesse's accident was that it gave her something to worry about apart from herself and this made the days just a little bit easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Margo woke up 5 days later she knew that the day she had been secretly dreading had arrived, it was intact the anniversary of her fathers death. Normally she tried not to think about it to much, she always had her brothers to keep her mind of it, but this year was different, for one her brothers weren't there and it was now exactly 10 years since he had died, 10 years since she had heard his voice, seen his face, heard his laugh. Over the years she had slowly started to forget what he looked and sounded like and if it weren't for the pictures and home videos from when she was little she would have long since forgotten. Margo sighed deeply, blinking away tears as she slowly and painfully got out of bed, everything seemed to hurt and she didn't understand why, after all these years it still hurt so much. Jesse was feeling better and they were supposed to go out bowling today but she was really dreading agreeing to go on this day, she knew deep down that it would distract her and it would be better that staying at home and wallowing in her self pity all day. After splashing her face with ice cold water and taking a couple of deep breaths she dragged herself downstairs and slowly walked into the kitchen were she could hear Jesse making breakfast. She gave him a small nod before she sat down at the table, looking at her hands trying to hold back tears. Margo and Jesse took it in turns each day to make breakfast and luckily for her today was Jesse's turn and since his ribs were healing nicely he was actually able to make breakfast. He sat a bowl of fruit and yogurt in front of her but she didn't touch it as it didn't look appetizing in the slightest. "You okay?" Jesse asked softly, looking at the young fragile woman in front of him. She shook her head and slowly looked up, tears glistening in her eyes. "Hey, what's wrong? Come here." He said opening his arms for her to fall into. Margo was unable to hide anything from Jesse, they had gotten to close for that. "It's, um, the anniversary of my dad's death today, its been 10 years and I guess I'm just not dealing with it as well as I would hope by now." She finally asnwered, accepting his hug and laying her head on his chest. "Oh Mar, i'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked. Do you want to cancel today and just stay home?" He asked stroking her hair softly, knowing that this always comforted her when she was sad. Margo shook her head and looked at Jesse, "no, no matter how nice that sounds right know, my dad wouldn't want me to mope and become a couch potato, besides a little distraction may do me good and we have already rescheduled once, we can't cancel again." Jesse nodded and they sat back down and started breakfast, well Jesse ate, margo just pushed the fruit around in her yogurt and occasionally licked some of her spoon, to give the pretense she was eating.