1.5

i got out of the water and simon joined me, running to the boot and retrieving a towel, wrapping me up in it and drying himself with another one.

"as your underwear's wet, here, wear these." he smiled, passing me a plain pair of his boxers and one of his large, black t-shirts.

"thank you." i went around the side of his car to change, taking off my wet underwear and putting on his clothes, the t-shirt reaching my mid thigh, completely covering the boxers.

i climbed into the passenger seat and a moment later, simon got into the driver's seat, dressed similarly to me, only he also had trackies on.

"i've never worn boxers before." i mumbled, as simon drove, "but, they're really comfy." i added, simon chuckling at me.

"do you want to go home? or go somewhere else?" he asked, his eyes flickering to me before focusing on the road again.

"i don't mind. if you want to go somewhere else i'm down." i said and he nodded.

"okay. do you like to read?"

"yeah, i do. why?"

simon drove us into town, pulling up outside a cute little bookstore.

he handed me some money, "go and get a book. i already have some in here." he said with a smile, and i found myself too happy and surprised to protest about him paying, that i just thanked him and hurried out of the car and into the store.

returning to the car, i climbed in, placing the change in one of the cupholders and resting the new book on my lap.

simon drove to the café we'd been to a previous friday, and we walked in, books in hand, him having retrieved one from the back of his car.

"they also do lovely mugs of tea here." simon grinned, "go sit down."

"si, you've paid for everything." i whined and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"i don't care." he said and i huffed, sitting down at a table in the corner of the shop, my back against the window as i sat on the window seat.

"here you go, enjoy." the waitress smiled, bringing our mugs over as we thanked her and began to read.

a.n. this is so cliché, i'm sorry, but simon won't be this nice forever (: