3.9

"you look at me like no-one else does." simon mumbled, "you look at me like i'm good, like you know i can do well in life. you look at me like you believe in and love me."

"all of that is true." i spoke softly, and saw a light blush creep up his cheeks, and his face displayed content.

"can i tell you something?" he whispered and i nodded.

"of course, si. you can tell me anything."

"i.. i want to hear the voice you use when talking to animals, i want to be able to know how you're feeling just from a look. i want to know how you dance when you think no ones looking, and what you voice sounds like when you're singing in the shower. i want to watch shitty movies with you, but be happy just because you are, and i want to be the one to comfort you and wipe away your tears with my kisses. i want you to feel at home in my arms, and i want to feel at home in yours. i want to recognise the blush on your cheeks when you embarrass yourself, and i want to know every inch of your body and mind." simon spoke gently, his eyes soft and loving, "i want to know you."

i had no idea how to reply, so i found myself just staring at him.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't ha--" simon said after a while when i hadn't said anything, his blue eyes engulfed with embarrassment, pain, worry and confusion.

i smiled, cutting him off, "no, simon. i completely return with everything you just said, i just didn't know how to reply. i love you."

i leant up, pressing my lips to his, but felt a sneeze coming so quickly pulled away, simon chuckling when i did.

"princess, i think you still need some more rest." he smirked and i sighed, nodding.

i placed my now empty mug on the bedside table and shuffled further under the covers, simon doing the same.